Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cjack Offline OP
OP Offline
C
For those of you that have been following along at home...<P>I finally found out why my XW wanted to talk to me the other night: She got a phone call from OM's STBX!!!<P>Aside from a brief cell phone incident, they had never spoken. I guess they had a long, long talk on Saturday. Turns out that although OMW and OM are headed for a nasty divorce (first court date is Wed.), they have been in contact for the past 9 months...close contact...we're talking sex here! Frequently...regularly...not just a once in a while thing! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>The thing is, OM had told my X throughout the A that he and his W were not in contact at all, and only spoke through their lawyers. Turns out he had been lying all the time. They are still getting divorced, but their relationship is far from over.<P>So my X called him yesterday and grilled him. At first he was defensive, then angry, and finally broke down crying. At the end, she got the truth out of him, and SHE dumped HIM! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Karma: Gets 'em everytime! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>She even said that she told him "so my XH was right about you after all?" and he said "yeah, I guess he's a pretty smart guy, huh?"<P>My first thought was that I should fall out of my chair laughing, but I was a good boy. I didn't gloat, I didn't say "I told you so," and I even gave her a hug and said "I'm sorry it didn't work out..." to which she replied:<P>"you mean us?"<P><BR>Needless to say, I have spent the last hour slowly picking myself up off of the floor over that one!<BR>

B
B
That is really the best thing i have heard all day... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>thank you really...This sound crazy but i just put my StbxW in that sencerio and got a good laugh myself LOL<P>thanks a million <P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

H
H
So sad isn't it....your exW created all this mess for nothing really. Or maybe she did you a favor? <BR> <BR>If nothing else you seem to be doing great right now!! I'm so happy for you CJack.<P>Hey, have ya called that check out girl yet? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Take Care.<P>

C
cjack Offline OP
OP Offline
C
BioMan: Yes, I've gained a lot of experience in the last year! I'm glad you got a kick out of this. I'm just glad to know that the "six months to two years since discovery" rule is dead on!<P>Hopeless: I realized a long time ago that this was an "exit affair." She wanted out of the marriage for whatever reason, and this was her way out. I'm beginning to think she did me a HUGE favor, but I'll still wait and see if she'll come crawling back. I won't count on it, but after today I wouldn't be surprised by anything!<P>BTW, I called and talked to the checkout girl. We talked for about 20 minutes, then she got another call. I gave her my number, and she said she'd call back, but nothing so far...mmm.

F
F
cjack,<P>Glad to hear your story.<P>I'm just now divorced. XW is still seeing OM. It really erked me when she came to pick up some clothes for our daugther. When I inquired where our daughter was, she said she was with the OM. Erk.<P>XW called today *again* to check on daughter. She really misses her. Though I have primary custody, I do allow any extra time with our daughter my XW requests. X was unable to attend daughter's field day. She had to work. I went, of course. I'm sure X was put off by that. But, you know, if she was still with me, she could have gone. Actions DO have consequences. <P>Also, I need to get caller I.D. Someone keeps calling and hanging up. My best friend thinks it's the OM calling to see if XW is with me. <grin> He was the one who was calling and hanging up before.<P>Tick, tick, tick.<P>That's what I keep telling myself. XW is miserable although she tries to put up a good front.<P>I keep telling myself "patience". (My mother left and married the OM) I know that it will only take time until hell sets in for good.<P>I think she did me a favor. Though I miss having a female companion right now, I count my blessings for everything else. I didn't realize how much crap I was putting up with until recently. It was a marriage. I took the bad with the good. I can now do anything I want now and not be frowned upon.<P>Woohoo!!!<P>Kevin<P>

B
B
Yeah, my husband asked me to come back. . .kind of co-incides with how Miss Kitty is suddenly divorced from her husband--and engaged to a new guy. <P>Now my husband agrees with me about how nasty she is, wholeheartly.<P>This is the woman who was the "love of his life." Once upon a time, he "couldn't live without her" and his life "was a prison of obligation" or else he would "dedicate his whole being to her."<P>If he's hurting over her "betrayal," he doesn't show it. But he will be seething if I say "I told you so."<P>I will keep my mouth shut.<P>

J
J
I got a laugh, they say what goes around comes around, I feel bad for them sometimes. I know I shouldn't feel bad, but I think it is sad what they do to themselves and can't even see it.<P>

W
W
My ex and LRB busted up...Aparently he decided he liked using drugs more and her and according to her "He still has a lot of growing up to do" NO ****!! He isn't even 19 yet!! I just act pleasant around her [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill

B
B
NO WAY!!! Bill, this had to happen AFTER the divorce?! that she decided that le garcon was not the man for her, huh? <P>Too crazy. . .<P>Maybe being lonely for a while will be good for her

O
O
cjack<P>I can only hope for some small vindication like that - though I am already preparing for the idea that my kids will probably have to sit through my ex's second divorce in a couple of years (me #1, OW #2). If it weren't for them having to experience it again too, he could just drop off the face of the earth and I wouldn't care.<P>Go ahead and gloat privately...you deserve it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and then move on with a successful and happy life...after all, that's the best revenge you could possibly have.<P>Lisa<P>------------------<BR>I am woman...hear me roar...okay - meow...okay - purr? Hey, I'm working on it.

C
cjack Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks to all for the replies!<P>Kevin: "I didn't realize how much crap I was putting up with until recently."<P>That's pretty much what I told her last night. I realized that I overlooked a lot of bad qualities that I really shouldn't have had to put up with. Patience, patience, patience! What goes around really does come around.<P>Bernzini: Nice to hear Miss Kitty has been exposed as the wonderful person she is! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] My X is the same way as your H, though. I know she's devastated, since she really thought this guy was "the one," but she'll never show it around me. I also won't say "I told you so."<P>Jabber: Part of me feels sorry for her. She knows what she did is wrong, she knows she was just being selfish, but she gave no indication that she would change her ways. She basically said "oh well, I screwed up, but that's just like me...I guess I'll just keep doing the same thing over and over again." Its like an alcoholic who knows the drinking is killing him, yet he still reaches for the bottle...<P>Bill: Wow, that got me thinking: Is it better to lose your wife to a 19 year old druggie, or an experienced liar like my X found? I think your X and mine are the ones who have to grow up!<P>Lisa: I wish I could let my X drop off the face of the earth, too, but I can't. I told her that before she made anymore mistakes, to consider the effect on our D. I'm just hoping that she sticks to her guns and stays away from OM for good...I don't want that piece of crap anywhere near my kid!

H
H
I too wish that my stbx would just drop off the face of the earth. I feel so good when he is not around or when I don't have to see him. I feel happy, strong and liberated.<P>Well, since we can't make them disappear how about we just send them and OP off to a big island. Kinda like Survivor where they can only take what fits in a backpack. Isn't that all part of the deal with them...they are so in love that they only need each other to survive!!! <P>Say, now that is an idea for some good reality TV we could call the show Surviving Fantasy Island. Will the WS and OPs love stand the true test.....perhaps bringing in a few people from Temptation Island when things start to get a little testy btwn WS and OP after surviving 4 weeks on rice and LOVE...LOL<P>

C
cl Offline
C
HI cjack,<BR>thanks for the story! I just sat at the monitor with my mouth hanging open for a few secs, then started laughing.<BR>Not instant karma, but it certainly did come around.<BR>aloha, cl

C
cjack Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks cl. Unfortunately, the end of the Romance of the Century only lasted a day. She dumped him Sunday night, and hung up on him when he called Monday. <P>Yet on Tuesday night, at D's softball game, her cell phone rang. As soon as she answered she walked quickly out of earshot and talked on the phone for at least 20 minutes. She was a lot more cheerful when she got back. When I dropped D off tonight, he called. She only spoke a few words and promised to call right back, but I could tell from the tone of her voice who she was talking to...the same tone she used to use for me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh well, Karma's just on the back straightaway now, coming around fast into turn 3...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 999 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation