Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I dont know if this is the right board to ask this question. but...<BR>Is there anyone in here that has a WS that divorced you, then later(maybe a month or 2 maybe a few years) came back and wanted to be with you again?<BR>If so did it work out?<BR><P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

W
W
Not me, but I am praying for it as we 'speak'. Think it's weird to think that? (Hey, what about all of that alienspeak?)

D
D
Hi Bio,<P>I'd post this on the RECOVERY board and GQ board.<P>I've heard of a few cases in real life, but it didn't wind up working out.<P>I suppose it's possible if both people are equally committed to making it work, being open to try new things, and learning to trust again. THe Harley Principles would be a great place to start.<P>Dana

T
T
BioMan,<P>I haven't been on this board lately but just popped over and saw you thread. I was divorced last June. Ex and I are living together again since December. For a while I thought that it probably wasn't going to work out, but the last month or so has been great. I now know the reason why things were going so crappy was due to his continued contact with ow. She got mad because ex found out she was living with another man while she was calling ex and telling him she loved him. So she got my ex fired from his job by causing a big ruckus at work. Anyway, to make a long story short, ex FINALLY saw her true colors and has decided to commit to our relationship. Since all of this happened there has been no contact with ow and our relationship has improved. I know for sure that it would have never worked with ow still in the picture. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, and I wonder a lot about his intentions. Right now, I'm just taking it one day at a time. I think it is possible for it to work after divorce, but it depends on whether the ws is ready and willing to give up the op. Otherwise, there is no chance.

R
RWD Offline
R
A guy I play basketball with remarried his x-wife. She left him for her boss and was living with him. Guy and wife divorced and he had the kids.<P>Latter x came back home and they lived together for a while before remarrying. I don't know what kind of time frame was involved.

R
R
BioMan<P>Check out some of my prior posts. Most recently I have posted re: reconciliation. My divorce was final 4/30/01. There is a long road ahead and this possibility has just come about, so I cannot tell you the outcome. <P>I will say that it means alot to me that my XH is reaching out to me of his own free will, and that it has been an answer to my prayers.<P>Petrie

T
T
According to what I have read, 5% or more of all divorced couples remarry each other. The author of the book (sorry, it escapes me at the moment) said that it would likely happen more often, since 85% of all men who leave their wives regret it within 5 years of doing so, except that the other ex-spouse generally has moved on to another relationship/marriage by then and there is nothing to go back to.<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

R
R
My STBXH has an aunt and uncle that divorced for 4 years and then remarried. That was 17 years ago. They had a long tough road and his aunt has told me that in the beginning of the new marriage, she sometimes wondered why she took him back. He has finally proved himself to be a wonderful, loving husband and has told her how sorry he is for doing such a terrible thing to her and their children over and over again over the years. She insist that my husband will do the same thing. That, one day he will realize what he has lost and will want to come back. But... will I be willing to wait that long and then will I WANT to take him back. Gives me a lot to think about...

C
C
A friend of mine's parents married to each other 3 times!<BR>Married in the 50s. <BR>When my friend was 15 - her parents divorced<BR>She was 17 - they got remarried<BR>She was in her 20's - they got divorced<BR>1 year later - they got married again. Stayed married until the husband passed on.<P>There was adultery going on. But the man never left his wife's side after she divorced him, visited the kids every day, etc. He won her over time and again. The story is the second divorce was just a temper tantrum by the wife and the man went along with it, confident they'd get married again once she cooled down. Which they did. <P>My soon to be ex-husband has a friend who cheated HORRIBLY on his wife (and 3 kids). He flaunted the OW in front of her. She drew up papers and they went to court. They decided at the LAST POSSIBLE minute to stay married and are happily married today. My husband thinks this is going to happen to us and wants to not get divorced. I know better! <P>I think stories like this are pretty rare, but not impossible. I imagine the core relationship has to be stable, and not be frought with problems on its own.<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 939 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec
71,837 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation