Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#694600 06/27/01 12:56 AM
K
KaseyB Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi I'm new to this board, and wanted to know if anyone else had this type of situation.<P>My H and I have been married for 5 yrs. The first 2 yrs. things were great, since our son was born 3 yrs ago, I feel I despise him! I can't even look at him, or touch him without feeling nautious. I daydream about living alone with just me and my kids. H has done things that have caused my resentment, he is very childish, never lifts a finger to help me do anything around the house, or with our son. Now we are having another child (I have sex with him just to keep peace!) While he was ecstatic over having another child, I definelty was not, It was a living hell when my son was born, and I'm afraid nothing will have changed. I have no feeling for this marriage what so ever, I could walk away and not feel any emotion other than relief.<P>Am I normal?<P>Thanks for listening<BR>Kasey

S
S
You're in a screwed up marriage. Your husband has exhausted your love for him. That doesn't mean he can't build it back. You definitely need to learn more. You're ripe for an affair, or an emotional attachment to another man. <P>If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here. Do what it takes to keep your family intact by straightening yourself out first, then worrying about your husband.

C
C
<B>I daydream about living alone with just me and my kids.</B><BR>Why aren’t you daydreaming about just being alone? What makes you think you would get the kids?<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

F
F
Kasey, I was just like your husband. The only difference was that my wife put up with me like that for 10 years before she told me she didn't love me anymore.<P>I was childish and never really grew up. I didn't help my wife either with anything around the house and we have two kids (4 and 5). I lost sight of what was important in life and didn't value the relationship I was in. I was definetly a taker and not a giver. We two had great times in the beginning also.<P>In January 2001 we seperated. It killed me not to be with my wife and kids every night. I loved my wife but she despised me and I could do nothing right.<P>I quickly realize what was and was not important in my life. I just turned 30 in February and I finally feel like I am an adult.<P>Now I will do anything to get my life right. I changed tremendously for my wife and family and friends. I love who I am and enjoy life now and it has been a long time since I could make that statement.<P>I was definetly a worse case scenerio with the way I used to treat people, friends & family. You husband would be considered a nice guy compared to some of the crap that I did to those around me who loved me.<P>We were seperated for about 3 months before we started becoming friends again. We went camping as a family with the kids a couple of weeks ago a she was flurting hard with me and I could not believe it, so I just kept telling myself I was imagining it so I did not get my hopes up. On fathers day she told me that she needed me and that she loved me and wanted me to move back HOME.<P>Your message that you wrote is exactly how my wife felt, but my wife would have raked me over the coals alot more. I was not deserving at all.<P>If you just walk away, is that what you want? My wife definetly needed the time away from me and I needed the time away from her, for both of us to forgive each other, learn from our past mistakes, and grow up. It takes two for a marriage to go bad.<P>You definetly need some Kasey time alone. To have some fun and find out what is important to you in your life and what is worth fighting for.<P>I feel for you and will pray for you. I know what you are feeling because I can now understand how my wife felt to live with someone that she HATED and DESPISED.<P>Time is precious and time can soften the heart! I hope your husband realizes how special you are and that he is willing to fight with everything he has to save his marriage!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation