Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
Hi all,<P>Haven't posted a new topic for a while...things have been going pretty good for me lately. BUT, I just hit a wall today. I got tired. Tired of doing all of it...the house work, the yardwork, car maintenance, finishing the remodel the ex and I started before he moved out, laundry, groceries, running the kids here and there, and now my dad's having some health problems...can I just say CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!<P>I know you all can relate...I just needed to whine a bit!<P>Thanks for the vent!<P>Lisa<P><P>------------------<BR>I am woman...hear me roar...okay - meow...okay - purr? Hey, I'm working on it.

O
O
Hi Lisa...<P>I can relate and add my gripes (grapes) as well to this little pity-party... some days just everything hits the fan... the good, the bad, the ugly. I'm so thankful to be able to come here though and throw it out there... get rid of it and drain the poison off of it before it impacts others in my "real" face to face life, ya know?<P>Hang in there... one day at a time.

W
W
You hit home with me on this topic. Next week I go on vacation and I NEED IT!!!!!! The only good thing about me doing everything is I am used to it-all exH did was vacuum the bedrooms and mow the lawn-YIPEE!!! I guess it all keeps me in shape though! Hang in ther it has to get better!!

C
C
I can certainly relate to this one.<P>I'm kind of maxxed out myself right now. For some reason I figured summer would be easier. Boy was I wrong.<P>Sounds like somebody needs a vacation. I know I'm seriously due for some major down time myself.<P>I think I'm finally in the big anger stage with my STBX, and it's all about abandoning me and leaving me holding the bag for everything, while she trots off with almost zip in the way of responsibilities, a boyfriend, and a down payment for a new house courtesy of yours truly. I can honestly say right now, that if something happened to her I would grieve absolutely zero.<P>Anyhow, I've started making my son take a bit more responsibility for stuff around the house. I found out that the world doesn't end if the dishes stay in the sink overnight. Easy-mac & hot dogs are an acceptable meal once in awhile, and sometimes you need to say "I need to be priority #1 right now".<P>So take some time off, find a nice book, get a glass of wine & sit in the tub for a few hours. Turn the phones off & let the kids figure out how to survive on their own for awhile (they have to anyway). Then plan a nice low-stress vacation for yourself. No kids, no plans, nothing but sleeping in and taking a break from the world in general. (hmmm I think I might just have to take my own advice [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Take care Lisa, it always gets better. The key is to program in "down time" for yourself every now & then and not wait until it catches up with you.<P>I hope your dad's feeling OK.<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again<p>[This message has been edited by c00ker (edited July 03, 2001).]

Q
Q
Here to give you a little "lift up" over this hump!<P>All this stuff (divorce stuff) is so awful. <P>No matter where you are in the process, no matter how old the kids are, no matter if it *needed* to be done -- it all SUX.<P>Blech. I hear ya!!!<P>

H
H
Count me in!<P>While STBX is off with his "friend" having a grand old time I'm back at home taking care of kids 24/7 with no break in sight for 5 weeks!<P>Add to that the task of gathering all the documentation and filling out all the paperwork for my atty. I hate doing it as I did not want any of this in the first place. <P>BTW, why is it that the one who didn't want the D ends up doing all the work? It sucks. <P>Thanks for starting the whine thread! <P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation