Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#699732 08/13/01 10:38 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
My h and I were finally divorced on June 29th thru a default divorce. He wouldn't file I did and he never answered to the papers so I was awarded the divorce. Not what I wanted but I had been going thru all this crap and he never once stopped seeing the OW for two years. So he was ordered to vacate the marital residence by July 29th and I was putting it up for sale. He never came to get any of his things. Now I am faced with going back to court to have him evicted and then the sheriff will accompany him to the house for him to get his clothing and personal items. I just don't understand.<P>This man wanted this divorce or so he said said he wanted to get on with his life was basically living at the OW's the majority of the time and now when it is over legally he won't come and get his things and take them to her house and be done with it. WHY??????<P>He says he doesn't have anywhere to take the stuff that he can't take it to his parents and a friend of his is building a garage so when that is done he could move the garage stuff there but I am talking about his clothes and other things why doesn'the just take them to the OW where he is living permanately now. She wanted him she got him now take him lock stock and barrel. <P>Or could it mean that if he does move the stuff there she will think it is permanent and he doesn't want to make that commitment. Just staying there for free while I pay all of our household bills and he gets his paychecks free and clear from all bills. NOw how is that fair.<P>So while they play their games live their new lives I am still stuck in limbo land not being able to put the house on the market because of his junk and clutter in the garage it would be a total turnoff to potential buyers. <P>So now I have to wait another two weeks to have the judge rule while giving my exH more time to do what he wants. Where is the justice in the legal system. I didn't have the affair but I am the one being penalized.

C
C
Could you bag or box them up and put them outside? Give him a deadline and tell him to get them by that date or you call the Salvation Army or some other charitable organization to get them? And take the tax-deductible donation for yourself.

J
J
Storage is 5 dollars a day here I would caculate what he owes and take him to small claims court to collect. If he doesn't get them then throw them out, You can't be responsible for his things all your life or hire someone to drop it off on his porch. YOu are doing the right thing bye waiting for the court but ask for a deadline and ask for a storage fee.<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation