Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
711 Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wondering how many others feel lonely right now. I know that I can call friends, go exercise, run errands, stay busy or just let this feeling run its course. But, I hate the feeling nonetheless. <P>I was just sitting in my back yard looking at all my children's toys and thinking this is just not right. They should have one home to be at, not two. I want my children here! When they are not here, the silence is awful. I have been on a walk, been to church, cleaned the house, read a good book, and still can't shake this feeling. I will probably go back now and finish my book soon with some nice muisc playing and probably call a friend later but just felt like whining and moaning for a moment.

S
S
I hear you.<P>We bought a house about 8 months ago so my wife would be able to concentrate on being an author. This allowed her to stop walking the dogs 2-3 times a day, like she did in our apartment. I didn't really want the house, but now I have to sit in it every weekend with only the puppies to keep me company. Which is nice, but not the same.<P>My phone bill this month is going to be HUGE, since all of my family lives in the next state over. For a while I called my mom and brother every day.<P>The weekends are the worst for me. I too can go out and go shopping or just get out of the house, but its always lonely at home.<BR>

711 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, it is when I'm home alone without friends or children around that are the hardest times. At first, I think this is ok, I can do whatever I want, so I sleep in, go for a run, run errands, read, but after a few hours of this, I just look around and say YUCK! I know I need this time to myself but I find it is really hard. I have been in relationships since my divorce and that takes away the loneliness but brings on its own set of problems. So, I'm trying to avoid that for awhile. <P>So, I will continue to try and work through all of this and hopefully will feel more content on my own soon. My sister says that I need to call friends or reach out to others when I feel this way. So, I have called her and I have also posted here and that really helps. <P>Tomorrow, I know this feeling shall pass. I'll be at work, my kids will be with me again (YEAH), and my life will seem way too hectic and I will probably wonder what the heck I was complaining about today.

F
F
The lonely weekends do get better. At first, I was absolutely miserable too.<P>I'm home alone right now. I've had the whole weekend to myself. I am not lonely.<P>Friday, my daughter went with her mother at 7:30 p.m. I piddled around the apartment, resting after a tiring week. (a lot of uneasiness at work right now, layoffs, IT sector)<P>Saturday, I slept in. Boy is that nice. I went to a movie. (Rat Rack, pretty funny) I went over to my best friend's house to bum around all afternoon. I got a nice nap on his sofa. We later went out to eat and see a movie. (Planet of the Apes, I've seen it before, he hadn't)<P>Today, I slept in late again. I went into work to get some things done. I'm home right now taking it easy, but I'm about to go back into work to get some more things done. I LOVE MY JOB!!! I get paid to do what I love.<P>So, in time, you will find things to occupy yourself with and the deafening silence will slowly fade away.<P>I've recently started looking forward to my weekends without my daughter. Pure peace. I love my daughter tremendously, but having time to doing anything I want is wonderful. I can even do nothing if I want to.<P>It will get better, I promise.<P>Keep the TV on when you are home. Get a pet. Turn anything on right now that makes noise.<P>Just a minute ago, I actually turn the TV off for the first time and was comfortable doing that. I don't need to have the background noise anymore to be comfortable.<P>It will get better. I promise.<P>Kevin

711 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Kevin!<P>It does really help when I have the tv or music on even if I am not even watching it. I sometimes just forget to put music or something on.<P>My sister was just over to watch Sex in the City for the first time. She doesn't have HBO and has been wanting to come over to see it. And, woops,the season was over. I don't even have a tv guide so I didn't even know. I don't watch much tv. But, we did watch another show that was pretty good.<P>So, I'm glad she came over. It made the end of this weekend much better. I called her when I felt lonely. That is a start for me. I usually have a man in my life so calling friends or family is not something I usuallly initiate. But, I am now. I trying to reach out to my woman friends and family now. <P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation