Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SEF Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Y'all, it has been 6 months since WH of l9 yrs abandoned me and 2 sons. I have had only 1 personal contact and email during this time. Our oldest son graduated from boot camp at Ft. Sill OK last week and both WH and I both drove to it (12 Hrs). We were cordial to each other and I invited him to entertain son in our car so we were together as a family again. ON way back home, I had a blow out on my tire and a guy who was behind me (WH was in front in his car) stopped to change tire and told me he was on his way to tell his wife he wanted a trial separation. I told him to listen to what God was telling him as I could be his wife and could be dead or having to rely on someone else for help. Anyway, my WH and our kids ended up staying in a motel together while my car got fixed, it was quite an experience, we did not sleep together but it was like our old family vacations from years ago. The anger I felt is gone now and I feel sorry for WH, but I really don't trust his motives of being nice to me. I know that he is broke and pretty far down with his life and he is not with the OW now, she has moved out of town and I can tell the fog has lifted, but I am afraid that he is using me to get money and things! He did tell me he was sorry, but did not ask for me to forgive him and is not mentioning reconcilation as he filed for divorce in May but did not do anything to push it through since filing. He mentioned me signing a insurance release for him to get some money to pay bills and I am very cautious of his motives. Help, you who have been here how will I know if he is repentent and sincere. He has called and emailed each day, offered to help with boys and came by the house. I have offered him dinner and he accepted and we are very nice to each other. He hugs and kisses me, but does not give me any indication of what he wants to do? What do I do! H E L P!!!<BR>

J
J
Well you know him better than anyone else, and if he is doing nice things, hust try to accept that that is all they are. Let him come around plan A him, but do not have any expectations from him. Bec arefull of his motives and do not get took finacialy, this is the way he wanted it so let him be responsible for himself. In the mean time let him come around and do his thing if that is what you want. you will be the first to know if there has been sincere change, sounds like you are in the drivers seat for a change take your time and take care of yourself<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation