Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#703682 09/17/01 08:52 AM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
last week a friend of mine that works out at the gym my ex wife does, told me that her "friend" and her have not worked out in months. And that she works out by herself. He said that that guy may have worked things out with his wife and went back to her. So needless to say, this made me a little happy. The thought that my ex was not getting the man she basiclly left me for.<BR>Well the happiness didnt last long. Yesterday when i went to the store I drove by her apartment, and saw her and some guy sitting outside her apartment. So all of the happiness was gone..and now i feel like crap.<BR>I keep telling myself that i would not care if she was with anyone, just not that guy. But now that i see that she may be with someone, it still kills me.<BR>I talked to her parents last week too. And her mother said that they missed me. and i told her that it was rough for me, and that i had things to work out before i saw them. Then she told me "well it is rough for (exwife) too"<BR>I wanted to say.."ya, im sure, tell her she will get some sympathy when she is in counciling and taking meds"<BR>Here is something strange too, a few weeks ago my ex went to NYC to see a old nursing friend of hers. and her mom told me that she and the friend went up in the world trade center. I am glad she was not there when the tragedy happen.<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

#703683 09/17/01 09:56 AM
N
N
Mothers are funny like that, they will stick up for their own, even in the face of great wrong-doing.<P>I never really get angry at my h now, except where it concerns our kids and his lack of loving support for them.<P>I can see my MIL will do and say what yours has done...strangely it doesn't seem to apply to fathers. My FIL is furious with my H, and MY dad is not near as mad as my mum....but then my dad has been a WS. BTW, my parents' story is a great success story, and one I would have never envisioned...so there IS hope.<P>As for you...you call her XW...are you divorced, cos sad to say it seems that even if you are only separated, the WS will just do whatever they like, and think it doesn't matter to you, or that you have no say in it. I am afraid that for me, if I was divorced, though it would KILL me, I would have to live with his dumb decisions...well I do now, don't I?<P>Take heart!!! Look after yourself, be KIND to YOU. Stop going past her place to see if anything is happening....it surely will be, even if you can't see it on the porch, and it only hurts you if you actually see it.<P>Try to keep an even outlook if only for yourself. I'm sorry I can't offer any more advice...but you need to look out for number 1 here, and that is YOU!!!<BR><P>------------------<BR>"When the going gets tough, the tough get going" - Nina's dad.

#703684 09/17/01 11:19 AM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
ya she is my "ex" we have been divorced since May. And her mother and father do like me. They had a fit when they found out about us having problems. And they were not very happy at all to find out about what she was doing with the guy(married man) at the gym. But that is their daughter and they love her and i understand. Her mom told me that they miss me(i havent seen them in months). But I just cant get the strenght to go see them. I am afraid they will talk about what my ex is doing now. And i really cant take that.<BR>I know I should not drive by her apartment, but it seem so easy to make an excuse to drive by. I really have to work on that.<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation