Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
Ms. O,<P>I'm testing mine too. I have procrastinated til now. I am trying to move past the things that hurt me in my marriage. I felt that by putting a signature on every post I did saying physically abused, it would hurt me each time I read it. I talk about it on here a lot, but there are times I just wanna read a funny post and respond without thinking about why I am now in a divorce. Well, I'm going to try this and see how it goes. <P>Oh btw, I would also like to say on another post you did, that just spelled out the word FFFOOOOGGGGG it was sooo cute and creative.<P>Take care and this is a great suggestion on the signature.<P>ANNA

T
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anna2000:<BR><STRONG>I felt that by putting a signature on every post I did saying physically abused, it would hurt me each time I read it.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wondered about the same thing. You just have to not allow it to hurt you. I can read it and be proud of myself for leaving that situation behind. But I can't forget it ever happened. It has made me who I am today.<P>My ex wanted to make me feel like I was a crybaby, whining for sympathy, every time I mentioned the abuse. I won't let that stop me from letting people know what I went through. I don't want sympathy. I want to let people know that it happens, and you can get out, (and get therapy,) and move on, and be happy.<p>[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: T-L-C ]

A
A
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T-L-C:<BR><STRONG><B><P>I wondered about the same thing. You just have to not allow it to hurt you. I can read it and be proud of myself for leaving that situation behind. But I can't forget it ever happened. It has made me who I am today.<P>My ex wanted to make me feel like I was a crybaby, whining for sympathy, every time I mentioned the abuse. I won't let that stop me from letting people know what I went through. I don't want sympathy. I want to let people know that it happens, and you can get out, and move on, and be happy.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>TLC,<P>Wow, I got emotional reading your post, because that is exactly how my stbx treats me. He has always said that I am making a big deal out of it. Years ago he did so many bad things to me, and I actually did do as he said. "He'd say you need to let things go that is in the past, (even if the past he was referring to was just an hour later) it didn't even hurt you that bad." He try to make me feel just like yours did! The last major physical abuse, he tried pulling the same thing on me, no big deal, get over it, it wasn't that bad, even a you deserved what you got. This time he didn't pull anything over on me.<P>Well, I do and always will remember what happened, but I don't want to think about it with every post I do. Hopefully I won't. I am going to try not to.<P>Take care and even though your post made me cry, it was a good thing.<P>ANNA

A
A
Hi all,<P>Jacky has a great thread going on where people are from.<P>I have a suggestion. Since people are curious and we usually give out the info anyway. What if we put where we are from and/or our email address in the signature area. Is this too much information in that area?<P>What's your opinion on that?<P>ANNA<P>BTW, Ms. O, your idea in the signature area was so smart.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks everyone for the support and nice words...<P>Anna2000,<P>I can truly understand how you feel about not wanting to have your story appear every time you post. <P>There ARE a coupla possible solutions.<P>First, each time you make a post or a reply, at the bottom of the page, right above the "add new topic" or "add reply" button, there is a box (usually checked) that allows you to either show your signature or not show your signature. If, on a particular post, you don't want to show your signature, just "uncheck" the box.<P>However, I think it's helpful to others that we all know your story. That's an important part...of your story...not necessarily who you are. You are creating and re-creating everyday who you are. <P>So, the second solution would be for you to adjust your signature to reflect how you feel and who you are. Instead of saying YOU were abbused/etc., say your spouse was an abuser, etc. It wasn't YOUR fault, but it's part of your story. <P>Just another way to look at it. <P>Aloha,<BR>Ms.O

M
OP Offline
M
bumpity upity!!

M
OP Offline
M
P.S. Add where you're from too....<P>Aloha,<BR>Ms.O<P>(Oooopppsss....just noticed I'm up to nine lines....o well)<p>[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: Ms.O ]

A
A
Ms. O,<P>You are just a sweety! Thank you so much! Just the change in the wording helps!<P>Take care lady,<P>ANNA

S
S
Pretty cool. Wanted to see if it works

N
N
Since I have just begun Plan B, officially, i updated my profile.<P>Great idea, Ms O. Also thanks to Anna...good idea to include location on the profile, too, if people so wish.<P>Love and light<P>Jacky

O
O
Hey Ms. O...<P>BRILLIANT idea... I was wondering if this came as part of the new board format but then stumbled across this. Don'cha just love new ideas! I can appreciate this one... okay, here's mine!<P>Cheers!<BR>Nicole

M
OP Offline
M
"Well we're movin' on up...."<P>(I still think this is a good idea and am soooo happy with how many people are doing it....it helps!)<P>Aloha,<BR>Ms.O

A
A
Mrs. O,<P>Thanks again for your suggestion on putting "spouse was an abuser" in lieu of "I was physically abused on the signature. I wanted to post my new signature here. This one I can post without as much hurt. Funny how a change in wording something can make such a difference.<P>Also, due to a problem in my location right now, I have taken my location off for awhile.<BR>Thanks again!<P>ANNA<p>[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Anna2000 ]

E
E
Ms.O<p>Another suggestion for those who wish to add it ... I've noticed a lot of people reference The Myers Briggs Type Indicator at http://www.personalitytype.com/quiz.html<p>Also location could be combined with the standard chat room salutation A/S/L (age/sex/location) on the same line, for those who want to divulge, but are concerned about length ... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Just a personal thing, I love it when people use italics for their signature, it really sets it off from the message part of the post. I'm picky that way. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] Part of my charm. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

M
OP Offline
M
Great idea Princess. I've revised mine.<p>Aloha,
Ms.O<p>(PS I loved that movie!! So cute....)

M
OP Offline
M
Testing another small change....

M
OP Offline
M
Dang....testing again....

B
B
Oh man, when I saw "story in 5 lines" I thought, "Cool! Another round of MB limericks!!!" I guess .sig recaps just aren't the same thing as...<p>"There was a woman from Nantucket..." <p> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Bystander

B
B
Once more: It's a wonderful idea!<p>But can you give me an advice: How to make a signature in italic or bold?
Thanks

E
E
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>But can you give me an advice: How to make a signature in italic or bold?
Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Looks like you did a good job of it! [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation