Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#717964 12/16/01 10:32 PM
L
OP Offline
L
ok stbx hadn't seen our daughter since 11/20 and has barely spoken to her in btwn then and now. well friday he emails me to say he will be in the neighborhood sunday and would "love" to come see our daughter.<p>we don't speak just emails here and there to talk about the divorce and that is pretty much it. he doesn't even question seeing our daughter right now. <p>so he comes over and stays for an hr. we talked about his email and i told him stuff our daughter shared with me. he felt that he would give me $300 every other wk for c.support but the first check he would only mail me $40 b/c he pays daughters tutiion and her college fund which is $40 so he would mail me the " extra $40" because he is alloting $300 to our daughter every other wk and since he pays for those two things than 40 is all she gets that wk???? <p>i told him he could not make his own rules and i was not going for that. he claims he can't afford anything more b/c now he is splitting ow's house bills with her (which he didn't do when he first went there in feb)<p>meanwhile he hasn't supported his child in the last 4 months cause he was calculating his money and really giving it to ow for house bills so he took food out of daughter's mouth and clothes off her back and thinks nothing of it. <p>"we came up and he said we will never be together and that if it was to happen it would have happened already and i told him he was full of it since he lives and works with ow and she isnt the first ow only the first one he moved in with. <p>so i told him he never gave our marriage a real chance b/c with him living with ow he could never think he would feel love for me. am i right?<p>divorce papers will be filed in jan. and he has yet to spend any time with our daughter. never asks to see her on the wkend
only said he will be back sunday 12/23 probably for another hr. to bring xmas present. he is good for bringing presents that is why he came around on 11/20 to bring bday present 2 day before her bday <p>he doesn't plan on spending any holidays with daughter he spends them with ow and her family
its so wrong and hard to see him act like this <p>i am hurting so badly right now and all he tells me is to move on that its just time for us to move on easy for him since he has been with ow for over 1yr <p>i can not vision being in any kind of relationship right now and he is just so head over heels
going xmas shopping with her for his family and hers funny he doesn't even speak to his family but he is just really trying to live it up in ow eyes and she is really believing it.<p>funny everything he is doing w ow he once did with me and doesn't even see it. he just feels he has found true love. and he has no reason as to why him and i could never be.
daughter asked me what kind of eg are we showing her for when she gets married and not really me bc i am not doing anything but that she doesn't agree with her fathers actions (she is 7) and i told him and he just stared out the window
she also asked what adultery is and said oh that is what my daddy is doing <p>i told him everything she said and he just stared out the window and said yes i want a divorce we will never be togther its over and its time to move on <p>he had the nerve to say yeah it won't be easy but you just have to do it and not look back meanwhile he never wanted to be married and has always denied it to people who didn't know. <p>his who outlook is like just move on
we are not together and never will be again
i am having a hard time with xmas around the corner and new years <p>its gonna take a lot for me to get over this we were together 10 yrs and he acts like it was 10 months. i think maybe he never loved me and that is why its so easy for him to deal with he doesn;t think about it also he divorced me yrs ago in his mind so he is over it.
how do you divorce someone in your mind but still sleep with them, live with them and even speak to them and tell them you are going to work things out when we separated in jan and he was living with ow.<p>he acted like it was over and he came back in sept. and was back at her place 10/29 and said all along it was over long ago so why did he come back in sept and pretend to be trying to work things out with me and act like they ended when he knew i knew he was faking it. <p>he is the happiest man on the earth right now and when the divorce happens i think he'll throw a party i don't feel like i want him back well sometimes i do but for the most part i am extremely hurt and he doesn;t care
doesn't say sorry for all he has done or anything <p>i need help and maybe some antidepressants
he even kept everything like his mail coming here in the beginning and his gym membership for the neighborhood until he left again in oct. he cxld his membership and only has "junk"mail coming here which i told him to go do a change of address at the post office

#717965 12/17/01 09:15 AM
L
OP Offline
L
just wanted to bump myself up

#717966 12/17/01 11:20 AM
N
N
I'm sorry. I don't know how they (WS) do what they do. Somehow they justify in their mind that they are doing the right thing. It is selfishness and irresponsibility. It really makes my blood boil. <p>Have you seen an attorney? You really need to protect yourself and your daughter. The $40 thing- I just can't believe it - I am beside myself on that one. Please see an attorney. My attitude would be if our daughter doesn't get food on the table she will not be living to attend college. I'm sorry he is just plain stupid on that one. <p>I would also suggest you see an individual counselor. You need help getting through this. He has really bulldozed you and you need support. There is really no sense talking to him about you daughter feelings and the things she says because he doesn't hear it anyway. Are you in Plan B? <p>Yes you are right that he didn't give your marriage a chance. But really he is at a place now (in the fog) where there is nothing you can say or do to change his mind. I am not saying it is hopeless I am just saying it is out of your hands. I don't think you should be talking to him about your relationship either because he doesn't hear it. <p>Try and focus on you and your girl right now. antidepressants is a very good idea. You have a lot on your plate and a lot to deal with. I am so sorry for your pain. As far as him not seeing your daughter, just cry with her on that one. It is VERY sad but again it is out of your hands. <p>Stupid just plain stupid - I don't know how they (WS) can look at themselves in the mirror and not see idiot written all over them. I have really been working on "no name calling" but my Gosh, I read your post and that is all I can think about him.

#717967 12/18/01 09:40 AM
L
OP Offline
L
just wanted to bump myself up

#717968 12/18/01 11:17 AM
L
L
(((leftalone)))<p>Unfortunately I know how tough this is. I won't pretend to know how you feel but I do know how I felt. I was totally consumed by the whole matter and it slowly ate me away.<p>I wish there were easy words to relieve some of your sadness but I can't think of any. Pray for him. Pray this he IS happy. Pray that he continues to find happiness. Pray that some day soon he becomes the father your child deserves.<p>But until that day you must be all to that innocent child. You must find strength every day, every hour, or every minute to ensure that you are providing for her every emotional need. You must maintain stability in her life and show her the way back to a healthy/happy place. <p>Your husband is acting so irrationally and there is nothing you can do to change that so you must shift your focus onto that which you can control. The holiday season is going to be tough but again you must be strong and guide that child through it. She is counting on you and you alone.<p>I know from your posts that you're an extremely caring/compassionate person and I'm just asking you to refocus all of the energy that you're using on him right now and totally place it on your daughter and yourself.<p>I will never tell you to "move on" or "get over it" but I will encourage you not to stand still. Make a plan to follow a path that will help you and your daughter and for just a while forget about what is going on with him.<p>Hugs, Thoughts, & Prayers

#717969 12/18/01 11:31 AM
J
J
I'm so very sorry for what you're going thru. I don't understand it all either. I never understood this - how come when you are the FAITHFUL, LOYAL, TRUSTING, TRUSTWORTHY and all that spouse - we're the one's who suffer most. <p>I know none of us will probably ever understand 'why' - they tell me DON'T TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT ALL - some things belong to God - some things we'll NEVER understand. They tell me DON'T try to figure it all out. Yes, it makes it EASIER when you understand but it doesn't take away the pain any better. <p>Your stbx sounds like he's playing games and he's not serious about anything. I work in a Government Child Support Office and if you could only see HOW MANY DIVORCES go thru my hands alone. Each divorce has to be filed thru a clerks office here - Do you know that about 8,000 divorces a MONTH go thru this door??? Local and out of state. It's mind boggling. <p>Down the street at the courthouse, there's a MARRIAGE LICENSE BUREAU - this is the 'fantasy' place where you see 100's of couples - standing in line to get their marriage license. Looking at their faces, they're hugging, kissing, laughing, smiling, holding hands - then 300 yards away - where I work - they're hating, battling, fighting thru the courts about child support, etc. etc....<p>If you need any questions answered about child support, please email me at czechk@co.clark.nv.us and I wil be happy to help you. <p>The 'Grace' of the Lord is not only PARDON from our sins, but its the POWER of the Holy Spirit - this means that when the Bible says Grace and MORE GRACE - please, please ASK THE LORD for GRACE - Power, strength to get through this thing to the end of it. You can ask for more grace, more of what you need to enable you to conquer it eventually - GRACE IS POWER, GRACE IS STRENGTH - the Lord won't ask you to do something or let you go thru something WITHOUT GIVING YOU WHAT YOU NEED to get thru it. REMEMBER THAT!!!<p>JESUS IS DEFINITELY AWESOME!!!! He'll work on you when you have bitterness also (BOY do I bounce back and forth between forgiveness and bitterness and hatred, etc. !!!!!!)<p>But that's okay - just PRESS FORWARD and don't dwell on mistakes made (in your heart I mean) whether it's 30 seconds ago, or 35 yrs. ago. <p>PRESS FORWARD and CLING TO JESUS!!! Remember He says, 'APART from ME, YE can DO NOTHING!!!!!" and also, "I AM THE VINE, ye are the BRANCHES." <p>We'll NEVER make it through ANYTHING without HIS GRACE, HIS STRENGTH, HIS UNDERSTANDING AND REVELATIONS to our minds and hearts - We may not have the privilege of UNDERSTANDING the WS all the while, but JESUS can HEAL you EVERYWHERE YOU HURT!!! Like the lady says..... (Joyce Meyer, I mean)!<p>Take care and God Bless - remember, all of us in this category are ALL IN THE SAME BOAT!! We've all given our hearts and souls and love to a human being that has abused it and rejected it.<p>BUT NOT BY JESUS, EVER! And not by EVERY human either. There are some that won't ever hurt us thru Div. like others do. <p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] I guess we all learn something every day. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] Thank God pain heals, you know??<p>Stay IN THE WORD OF GOD AND CONTINUE in it - IT HEALS AND THERE'S UNDERSTANDING AND POWER in it. <p>Take care and remember you're not alone. <p>Jordan [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#717970 12/21/01 01:54 AM
L
L
bumping you up!!!!<p>How are you doing?

#717971 12/20/01 04:54 PM
L
OP Offline
L
HEY LOST HUSBAND<p>I AM TAKING EACH DAY ONE AT A TIME.I AM VERY HURT BY ALL HE HAS DONE. BUT I AM LEARNING TO DEAL WITH THE MARRIAGE BEING OVER. I WILL BE GOING TO THE LAWYER RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS AND FROM THERE I WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE IT DAY BY DAY. ITS HARD ACTUALLY VERY HARD. BUT ALL I CAN DO IS ACCEPT THAT HE NEVER WANTED TO BE MARRIED AND IS LIVING HIS LIFE TO THE FULLEST. WHEN I FINALLY GET OVER THE HURT I WILL START OVER.<p>RIGHT NOW I AM JUST WORKING AND TAKING CARE OF OUR DAUGHTER AND TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS I WISH THEY WOULD HURRY UP SO THEY COULD BE OVER. ITS SO HARD TO SEE THE PERSON YOU LOVE THE MOST MOVE ON AND ACT LIKE YOU NEVER EXISTED.

#717972 12/22/01 01:35 AM
L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by leftalone:
<strong>I AM TAKING EACH DAY ONE AT A TIME.<p>RIGHT NOW I AM JUST WORKING AND TAKING CARE OF OUR DAUGHTER AND TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS. </strong><hr></blockquote><p>
That's all that you can do. Eventually each day gets better, the highs get higher and lows don't reach down quite so far. <p>I truly hope that you and your daughter have a great Christmas. Like you I'm ready for them to be over but while they are here I plan on making every second that I have with my girls one to remember. We've started new traditions already and it helps to break the routine that we had when married.<p>Just remember time heals all wounds as long as we stop picking the scabs.<p>
Hugs, Thoughts, & Prayers

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation