Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71975 12/18/99 09:32 PM
L
ldguard Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I really need some advice and encouragement. Maybe from someone who's been here. Anyway, my wife of 6 years has decided that she is no longer in love with me. She has made up her mind that she wants a divorce. We also have two precious daughters, 4 & 2, for whom I would do anything. My wife says I am a wonderful father, nice guy, blah, blah, blah. She just doesn't feel anything for me anymore. She says she's not sure if it wasn't like that from the start.<P>Now I know that no matter what, we are turning our kids' lives upside down (Not to mention our own) Anyway, I just want my family back. I feel so helpless and hopeless. <P>Doug

#71976 12/26/99 01:25 AM
Y
Y
Hi Doug - I got the same speech. Sorry to say but in my limited experience (mostly personal and reading the notes here) this bizarre behavior/attitude change -- if it comes out of the blue -- usually signals a 3rd party.<P>In my instance it did involve a third party and my wife became a totally different person and avoided all people and responsibilities.<P>If I had the last three months to do over again, I would have hired a private investigator to document the goings on, went to an attorney to discuss custody issues and then talked with my wife about what she wanted to do.<P>As it turned out I spent six months fuming and then when the divorce papers started going it was too late to get an investigator.<P>Believe me though, if it does turn out to be an affair, some people deny it to the bitter end. I think they are in self denial too...<P>P

#71977 12/27/99 01:12 AM
A
A
Doug<BR>I am getting ready to tell my husband I want a divorce. I am not having an affair. I am just upset at being so depressed for so long. No matter what I do he is not happy.<BR>He never thinks of me, unless it is convenient for him (like we are all at the mall holiday shopping and I say I like something, he will buy it, however it better be inexpensive.) He will never take time away from his personal schedule to reach out to me. <BR>I don't think a woman who feels surrounded by care and love and affection to both her and her children, would look for another man.<BR>Are you really caring for her, even when it is totally inconvenient for you?<BR>

#71978 12/27/99 10:29 AM
L
ldguard Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Anna62,<P>That sounds remarkably like my own situation. Although I would buy her anything, expensive or not, I did not respect her feelings and opinions either. She also thinks that i was not happy. I simply had dreams for our family that unfortunately, I pursued without her support. Therefore, she though that I didn't care about her. This is so off-track, but she has already made up her mind and several of our friends have tried talking to her. She even has a contract on a townhome! <P>There is hope however! If you have not filed for divorce yet - Reconcile! Talk to him. Tell him how you feel! Get into counseling! I have learned so much these past few weeks through self-exploration and reading and prayer. If I had known half of the stuff I've learned recently, we wouldn't be in this situation. So keep trying! I will pray that things will work out for you and yours. <P>And never, never give up! ( I know I won't!)<P>Doug

#71979 01/03/00 02:11 AM
Y
Y
Well Idguard and PM987 I also had the same speech, I wish I had an investigator on the case too. I was only married for 12 months before my wife took off. She said she only married me cause she wanted to "Walk down the Isle" Wow that hit me so hard. I asked her if it was some-one else, she denied it emphatically. I then caught her a day later with another guy, walking arm in arm. Boy did that hit me. It was so far away too. Never expected to see her. Well my divorce will be through in a couple of months, settlemtn on the estate happened almost a year ago. She was so pissed with me that she didn't get half. She only got $20k and wanted $200k. In the past 12 months she has had 2 new relationships, I have not had one.<P>What you need to do is find out for yourself if there is another, and see if you can work though it. Divorce is never really the answer, but sometimes it is.<P>All the best.

#71980 01/05/00 08:27 PM
K
K
I have heard the same story with my husband. I asked him if it was another woman and he said NO..he just wasn't happy. Well, it was OW and he left both me and my 2 small children. 8 years married and 14 years of friendship, he decided he is in love with this woman and would rather have me as just his friend. Devestating!!!! <P>Don't think all woman are like what your wives are. I am a very good person and have faithful to my husband for our entire relationship together. I would do anything to make him return and have tried. It isn't working. So...I am attempting to be his friend and hope he falls back in love with me and realizes the huge mistake he is making. And...lots of prayers [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I was told that he was going through a midlife crisis and suffering from depression. I would have never suspected - he is only 29 and has always been easy going and happy. Or so I thought. <P><BR>Kristy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation