Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
I truly must have the most awful STBXH.<p>He's threatening again to have me served as soon as I give birth on Wed. with papers alledging that I'm an unfit mother and cannot take care of the kids, so that he can keep them from me.<p>Now, I'm a lawyer, and know that no judge will allow him to say that just because a person gave birth that she is an unfit mother - but the fact that he is SERIOUS about this just abhors me.<p>He talks about the children like they are "HIS" and "MINE." Just like they are things. <p>Today he took my 3year old son from me today with him crying for his mommy. It's just sick. WH says the 3 year doesn't need me.<p>He doesn't care about how his behavior effects our unborn child(and WH is a doctor), and says is more than happy to take her from me as soon as she's born.<p>And the worst part about it is that he's trying to evade his court appearance next week before the baby is born.<p>Such fog! If you can even call it that anymore. If the OW ever tries to stand up to him, heaven help her. <p>The thing is, I know he wants to see the kids - whom I have never kept from him - but it's all about control and he's just got to have it and take out all his anger in himself out on me no matter what the cost.<p>For a person who used to be so honorable, truthful, responsible to sink this low is just incredible.<p>And now we're going to have 4 children between us. It's going to be a mess. Say a prayer for the kids if you get a chance.<p>K

P
P
Lots of prayers for you and the kids and a few hugs to go along with them.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

P
P
((((God is in Control)))))
Instead of dealing with his hurt he is trying to hurt you. I am so sorry that you have to go through this and its even worse being pregnant and not having his support. You know that you are a good mother and know that he can't take your children from you. He is just trying to get to you, it is a sign of a very unhappy person. <p>I prey that every thing goes well with the birth. Concentrate on your precious new baby and what a joy that child will be to you. Take good care.<p>Pantha

S
S
Oh K-<p>My prayers are with you. You WH is obviously miserable yet so in denial that he continues to blame and lash out at you.<p>You have been making such strides, yet your husband is an absolute control freak! Unfortunately it seems he has figured out that the kids are the only way to get at you. What an awful person to try to use them as pawns and a doctor no less, obviously not an OB or Psychiatrist or he would realize the terrible things his actions could be causing.<p>I feel for you and wish there was something I could do. Hang in there. Just think in only 4 days you will have that beautiful baby girl in your arms! You are a wonderful mother and he knows it, there is no way he can take the kids from you so try not to let him get to you. As a lawyer you are obviously well versed in the law, keep that knowledge present in your mind so that you are more easily able to brush off his threats.<p>Take care and God bless! I'm here if you need me.<p>K

R
R
I dont know what to say, just know that someone in New Jersey said a prayer for you today. Much Love Von

J
J
Hey there,<p>I don't know what planet he flew in from but on most places on earth, abandoning your spouse and children, particularly when the spouse is pregnant, is not considered a promising omen of one's ability to parent. If you can't keep your commitment to your wife, and then walk out on her when she is pregnant, how can you ever think you can contrive to convince the courts, or their representative, that you can take care of your kids?<p>You are incredibly strong... I don't know how you are doing this with 3 children and a unhealthy former spouse. On your own. He knows that this has not destroyed you so he is hoping that by making these kinds of threats, that he will. He wants you to "lose it" and so that he will have an opportunity to attack you and find credible evidence to substantiate his claims.<p>You have to be better than him right now. These are accusations without merit and we all know it. He is using the kids to hurt you. Sick sick sick and a sad reflection on him.<p>If there is anything that I can do, let me know. I have been where you are myself and will do what I can to help. Some one in N. England is praying for you all tonight...

A
A
Dear God is in control,<p> I want to tell you of a website I wish I had found along time ago. http://www.restorem.org/
God bless you and keep you,all the best to you with the birth of your child . alone1

T
T
This new creation needs you to be healthy. Look at yourself right now. Your H sounds like he is in denial, and it sounds like he doesn't have a leg to stand on. To hear your little one cry for mommy, sends tears to my eyes as little Jessica on TV cried for her mommy as the other parents were taking her away. This is so awful to endure, so awful to hear, so awful to have to put these kids through this. <p>Hope you have a good delivery, hope everything is okay with the new little one. This is so sad to hear, so sad to have you go through this. You are going to go through hormonal changes after the baby, how can a human put the other human through this knowing, (since you have had 3 already) that a woman experiences big hormonal changes after delivery. God please be there for "God is in Control". She needs your help and needs you to give her strenght. I will pray for you daily.

S
S
was already thinking about you for this wk.<p>I wish you joy with your new daughter.<p>Who is watching the other children while you have the new one? I hope it is not your STBX. You may have to fight fire with fire. <p>hoping you have peace.

J
J
I'm praying for you and the kids.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation