Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Daggone A2K.<p>What a difficult question.. "Who on MB misses sex more than a relationship?" <p>Hang on, I'm still pondering this one.. ;-)<p>Tex.

T
T
Anna,<p>I seen this the other day and was going to respond..but my friend came over..and we cleaned my yard..soooo....I closed out MB and went to work<p>
If you are serious about wanting to meet this man..please take the advice everyone has given so far..MEET HIM IN A PUBLIC SETTING...<p>Hmmm....if he is close to you...maybe at the Hospital Cafeteria?? or some place close to where you work..make it a work day..that way you have the excuse that you have to be back at work..if things don't go well..and if they do..you can always make plans to meet another time..<p>And personally...I missed the time together more than the sex..

D
D
I don't believe it or there is something very strange about him.
Dave

C
cl Offline
C
Dangit Anna.......would you meet the guy and let us know?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A
A
Anna... Well I had to get in on this. Any man that has not made love to a woman by the age of 40 sends out a red flag. I think that you might want to pass on this one. Its the men who have felt love maybe even lost it that you should be looking for. I have read many of your posts over the last few months, so in a way I know you and well he's not the one. So there....
There is nothing more beautiful then a beautiful woman. Be Good.

G
G
Once upon a time the red flag would have been waved for a man who had "made love" to a woman but who had never been married.<p>I don't think it would be too much of a distortion to say that my wife left me because she thought I was too good to be true. I gave her exactly what she said she wanted most: unconditional love and acceptance, along with my unswerving faithfulness. But whether she couldn't believe that a man was capable of giving this, or whether she couldn't believe that she was deserving of it - or that anyone would give it to her unless she did deserve it - she chose to run away instead of risking the possibility that I might one day disappoint her.<p>Imagine selling all that you have to buy the "pearl of great price", giving it to the woman you love, and then watching her throw it into the trash because she thinks it must be a fake since no one would ever give her anything as precious as what it appears to be. Imagine her walking out of your life because she decides she can no longer trust you after your attempt to pass of a fake as something real.<p>Now imagine going someplace for support only to discover that everyone is suspicious of your story because they doubt that a "real" pearl even exists.

L
L
Heck, I probably won't have sex again till I'm 40, does that count. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Actually, I've known quite a few people who were virgins in their late 30's and early 40's. Really I see no red flags with them.<p>However, MS. Anitacowboy, I do see a red flag with you. Look to the north can you see me waving it. Remember that post you put up here this weekend about the agony of lonliness? Until you are able to fill that void by yourself, you need to be very very careful.

T
T
GnomeDePlume:<p>I don't think it would be too much of a distortion to say that my wife left me because she thought I was too good to be true. I gave her exactly what she said she wanted most: unconditional love and acceptance, along with my unswerving faithfulness. But whether she couldn't believe that a man was capable of giving this, or whether she couldn't believe that she was deserving of it - or that anyone would give it to her unless she did deserve it - she chose to run away instead of risking the possibility that I might one day disappoint her.<p>Imagine selling all that you have to buy the "pearl of great price", giving it to the woman you love, and then watching her throw it into the trash because she thinks it must be a fake since no one would ever give her anything as precious as what it appears to be. Imagine her walking out of your life because she decides she can no longer trust you after your attempt to pass of a fake as something real.<p>Now imagine going someplace for support only to discover that everyone is suspicious of your story because they doubt that a "real" pearl even exists.<p>TR- Sounds like the love God has for us..that so many dismiss as "To good to be true" --<p>That he couldn't love us that much..that we are worthy of that kind of Love..that is where true grace comes in..and realizing it really is TRUE!!<p>Anna,<p>The red flag to me isn't that he's 40 and a virgin..it's the part he said about..<p>"going to his boat" right after meeting him..
that to me is the scary part..you've never met and he's wanting to take you to a place that is so private..that to me should come later..after your comfortable with each other in person..<p>In the past when I've been lonely..really lonely..
I've looked to the Cross..and thought about how Christ hung there ALONE..Yes, He could have called ten thousand angels, but when it came to those final hours, when the sky darkened..and God can not look upon sin..I believe God turned His back on His Son as He took upon Himself the sins of the world...and He hung there alone, loneliness overwhelming Him..knowing He could call on Ten thousand angels to come and be with Him..but he didn't..He died alone on the cross..knowing that because of this..When we are lonely..we can Call ON HIM!! God says He will never leave us nor forsake us..so even when we feel we are alone..
Were really not..He's waiting there for us to call on Him to come minisiter to us..but so many times..we don't..we sit alone and suffer in pain,
I've also learned that sometimes..I just need "someone with skin on" and after God has ministered to me..maybe not that night in my loneliness, but the next day..He sends someone with skin on..to give me a much needed hug..be it my kids, my sister, or even a friend..there have also been times when He's actually put it on a friends heart to call me during that time..to comfort me..and make me laugh..and help fill that void..

A
OP Offline
A
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LostHusband:
<strong>However, MS. Anitacowboy, I do see a red flag with you. Look to the north can you see me waving it. Remember that post you put up here this weekend about the agony of lonliness? Until you are able to fill that void by yourself, you need to be very very careful.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>uh emmmm! Clearing throat...and ready to throw my own flame. hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Okay Mr. LH, Are you telling me that people aren't allowed to ever feel lonely and if they do they need to wait on dating????
Sheesh [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Are you telling me that just because people think they want someone special in their lives to share their life with and OH YES, have sex with, that something is wrong with that...I just totally disagree there...<p>I am very comfortable with who I am. Although, I have children, I have great friends, I have family members I love...someday I look forward to having the right person be my best friend, my lover and my partner...<p>Also, actually some people read way too much into the "I'm lonely this weekend post", go back and read what I wrote....I was having a weekend where I felt like there was a space in my heart that needed to be filled with someone....My opinion is there is nothing wrong with that...what would be wrong with that is if people made themselves miserable over not having that space filled...<p>Also, lately, because of my job, I am spending about 60 hours a week working temporarily, the kids dad isn't taking the kids like he should because he's working overtime too...so mainly I think it was more about feeling like I have no time to do fun things after I thought a little more about it...<p>HOWEVER, all people feel lonely at times...it's just part of life...<p>AND Mr. LH, I do remember times where you felt you needed that special someone too. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Oky doky, I'm through with my lecture. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks for your comment on the guy, I really appreciate it. <p>To everyone who posted,<p>I enjoyed reading each comment and prospective on this, I promise to let you know if things progress.<p>TR, <p>I promise to be overly cautious. Also, I wanted to tell you, I have been reading your emails, and as soon as things calm down at work I promise to start emailing you back a little more.<p>Take care,<p>ANNA

Z
Z
ANNA,<p>I'm not kidding here. Is his name Brett? Is he from Nebraska? If so my best friend dated him for a while... long distance as we live in NM. Met him on the internetHe is a ‘nice guy’ but has real problems with relationships.<p>He’s either lying or he has a real problem. The reason I say this is that in our society it's very unusual for a person to not have a serious relationship by the age of 40. This speaks to me of a person who has a problem attaching ... perhaps someone who is looking for the perfect women. The one who does not exist. <p>As for grad school and medical school being the reason for never have sex and perhaps never a serious relationship. I do not buy that. Grad school, Med school and residency are notorious for affairs. Just ask my XH, he had no problem being married to me and finding one OW after another in that environmet.<p>I agree with others that his inviting you to the boat on a first date/meeting is way out of line.<p>Even thought it's a boat, it's still him 'apartment'. Wrong, wrong for a first date.<p>[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: zorweb ]<p>[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: zorweb ]</p>

Z
Z
re....I wondered if it wasn't some kind of line he gives all women...then later on dates he says something like, "You are the only one that makes me want sex..." If he does that, I think I'll puke!<p>If you will look at my profile you will see that I've learned a thing or two about the internet dating sceen. One thing I learned is that there is a very easy way to find out what a person is up to. Get another user name and start talking/chatting/emailing him. Give him a different story about yourself. See how he responds. <p>One of the first warning signs I had about my H's affairs was that I signed on under a different name and was flirting with him. He was easy to talk to. He did not initiate anything but followed my lead into some very heavy flirthing. And when I asked him if he was married he told me no. Boy did I get some red flags raised that day.. this is one of the things that led me to look further.

L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Anna2000:
<strong>Okay Mr. LH, Are you telling me that people aren't allowed to ever feel lonely and if they do they need to wait on dating????
Sheesh [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote><p>Oh, no she didn't roll her eyes at me. (Can you see me shaking my head back and forth?)<p>If I remember correctly I said be "VERY VERY" careful. During these times of deep loneliness are times when I've seen a lot of people "settle" for someone who was unhealthy for them.<p>I'll all for dating and someday I may even have sex again. Personally, I decided to wait until I could deal with the lonliness and find happiness 24/7 with myself. I'm glad because there are a lot of times over the past 8 months when I look at who I was thinking about dating and now I can see how bad they would of been for me.<p>Hugs, Thoughts, & Prayers

A
OP Offline
A
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LostHusband:
<strong><p>Oh, no she didn't roll her eyes at me. (Can you see me shaking my head back and forth?)<p>If I remember correctly I said be "VERY VERY" careful. During these times of deep loneliness are times when I've seen a lot of people "settle" for someone who was unhealthy for them.<p>I'll all for dating and someday I may even have sex again. Personally, I decided to wait until I could deal with the lonliness and find happiness 24/7 with myself. I'm glad because there are a lot of times over the past 8 months when I look at who I was thinking about dating and now I can see how bad they would of been for me.<p>Hugs, Thoughts, & Prayers</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Lh,<p>I do hear what your saying...although I just can't imagine ever settling...more than likely I'll always be too picky...<p>Also, I didn't consider the loneliness I felt to be deep...I was going about my business, pretty happy last weekend, just every now and then I would get this feeling of something missing...but it wasn't anything that I would call "deep loneliness"...<p>Anyway, I'll watch out for "settling".<p>Take care,<p>ANNA.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] rolling eyes again, just cause I know you like it so much now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: Anna2000 ]</p>

L
L

<small>[ August 08, 2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: laura_lee ]</small>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation