Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
We all had a good time last night. The place was pretty fancy, not my usual kind of joint, but not so bad.<p>OvrCs, Hurtinginil, sad dad, Luc, and I were the ones that went out. It was really funny to put the names & stories with faces. We were the best looking group there, and although nobody danced but Luc and I (and I had to drag him out there) it was a fun time.<p>OvrCs is a classic beauty, tiny skinny and about a million feet tall. I had pictured her as a short little thing with long blonde hair. Hey, don't ask me why, I just make mental pictures of some people. She is really nice, and very smart. Her boys are cute, and her husband is not hard on the eyes at all. I think she enjoyed the lobster bisque. She brought her digital camera, so we should have some pics soon.<p>Hurtinginil was really cute in a b&w skirt, and has the cutest little blonde kids. She didn't even eat half of her prime rib (but took it home for later), and standing next to this little Ms Thang I felt like I was tall! I even think she had heels on! Her accessories were perfect - except for the cell phone! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Sad dad. Now talk about not hard on the eyes! Smart, cute, funny, what is his wife thinking?!?
He had the house salad and prime rib - ate the whole thing. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] His daughter is adorable. If he ever becomes single again there will be a line forming outside his door!<p>Luc - Hard to be objective there because I have talked & emailed with him for a few weeks. He is a cutie for sure! He made the long drive just to hang out with us for a while - very nice. His kids are cute, and his wife is cute too. He had the lobster bisque and salad. Hopefully his wife will get her act together because it is easy to tell that this is one devoted guy.<p>Just the wife. Oh, that's me. Well, I am realistic as I've said before. I'm short, fat, and have mouse brown hair. I did have my nails done for the occassion though, and I must say they looked fabulous.<p>Things broke up about 11 or so, we couldn't even talk because the place was so loud, so we were thinking of finding somewhere else - hopefully with a pool table, or darts. Luc's sitter time was done, and Nicole was tired, Hurtinginil was ready to party but then my sister and mom called because Amanda had a fever. Figures.<p>Next time I think I will just have people up to my house. I live on a lake, and we have a canoe and paddle boat, we can play volleyball and have a cookout. That way we can bring the kids too. <p>That's all folks!<p>I will finish my roll and then scan the pics in, unless Nicole gets them up first.<p>I'm giving Amanda lots of TLC, and baby motrin. I'm going to swing by the urgent care to have someone listen to her lungs in a little while. She spent a week in January in the hospital with pneumonia, and it just isn't clearing up as they had hoped. She was a preemie though with underdeveloped lungs, so she tends to get sick easily.

K
K
I read the posts about this event, which was only about 40 minutes away from me. Why didn't I go? Because I was scared to death that I would be the odd one out (FWS). The support from others with a M similar to mine, would be very healing. However, well . . . you know. Talk with the others. If they wouldn't mind, count me in on the next one. Otherwise, I fully understand and that is okay too.

O
O
Okay JTW, and others... here they are! <p>Folks... here are some snaps of our time together in Schaumburg, IL last night! We missed those of you who couldn't come! <p> http://community.webshots.com/user/ovrcsmb <p>The best way to see the photos, is to open the album (double click) and look to the left where the button says "View Album Slide Show". Click on that and each photo enlarges... if you want it to scroll through automatically, go below the picture and click on 3 sec 5 sec or however many seconds you want to view the shot... before it scrolls to the next pic.<p>JTW,...ahem, gee... you said your daughter had the fever last night? By your above description of me, I'm thinking YOU were a little feverish yourself... and YES, you were HOT on the dance floor! You GOOOOOOO girlllll!<p>[ March 17, 2002: Message edited by: OvrCs ]</p>

O
O
^ to see the photos!

J
OP Offline
J
Kim,<p>DORK<p>You are more than welcome to join us. Don't ever be silly like that again. Where is that 2x4? I know it's around here somewhere.....<p>Everyone is included with me. I never want anyone to feel left out. My second grader had a birthday party and we invited everyone in the class, they all came, even the little downs syndrome boy and his mom. She said that is the first school party he was ever invited to. People who don't include everyone are mean.<p>I don't even have to ask the others. I'm sure they would feel the same way. Besides, if you come that will give us something to talk about if you go to the bathroom. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love,
Elizabeth<p>PS Nicole really is a beauty.

K
K
Thank you! You made me laugh! Sometimes the pond scum just doesn't wash off the skin - you know? Well, let me know for the next event. Please count me in!

O
O
I'm bumping this up for Jacky (nina too), as she said she wanted to see the photos! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take care Jaques... Glad you're feeling better and it would have been GREAT if you were there too!<p>Ciao!
Nicole

N
N
Awwwwwwwwwwww, Nic, you DOLL!<p>I came back to the site and had visions of searching for hours for the thread, and found you had bumped it for me....so sweet!<p>Ain't y'all a cute bunch!!!<p>One of these days, there will be an Aussie get-together, and we will post pics too. Trouble is, we are all in different states here!!!<p>Love and light,<p>Jacky

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation