Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
She committed adultry and I have proof. We don't have any children. We have been married four years, together 10 if that matters. We have owned our house together for 3 years. I have a car paid off and her car will be paid of in July. She has school loans aquired before marriage and I have made roughly $43,000 more than her since we have been married and I do not have a dime to show for this. <p>Help me out here.

D
D
Mr. Hurt,<p>I'm sorry that I don't have financial advice for you, other than a Lawyer can help you straighten this all out. Honestly. Your post just got to me b/c you said that you still love her (your W) more than anything. I'm so sorry that your heart has been broken. I'm headed for divorce also (my H wants to file this week and I'm moving out sooner than planned), but I'm no longer "in love" - I love him of course though. I can't imagine going through this and still being in love. <p>Hope that you heal in time,
Duff

G
G
It depends on your state and your county and your judge. The results vary dramatically. If your wife cooperates and you are able to negotiate a settlement, the experience shouldn't be much more painful than being raped. If you fight it out to the bitter end, expect legal fees well into five figures and an experience roughly comparable to being skinned alive. Slowly.<p>I'm pretty sure that the fact of adultery won't make a particle of difference. In my state, the courts are legally prohibited from taking grounds into account when dividing property and awarding spousal support.

M
OP Offline
M
Duff:<p>Have you ever conversed with your husband about these problems you have with him? You must be about my age due to marriage times etc.... what do you mean when you say you love him... but are not "in love' with him? If you like send your email and I will speak to YOU if you like.<p>Thanks

D
D
Hey Mr. Hurt,<p>Jeez, I hang out on the "Emotional Issues" board, so you aren't familiar with our problems like the gang over there. Some are pretty darn embarassing (blush!)! Where do I start for you? <p>Let me sum it up- I can't say that my H is a bad guy, we just are not right for each other at all. He is emotionally, socially and sexually not available. He has gotten worse as our realationship and marriage progressed. Yes, over the past year I communicated my sadness, my needs, my thoughts. But they fell on deaf ears. We went to a MC (Marriage Counselor) for about 4 months. The counselor even agreed; we are to very very different people who have two very different ideas of what marriage should be. The counselor asked my H (mostly my H) and I to work on certain things; I worked on my things, my H just said "I can't change". So ya know what? "I can't stay." <p>He asked me if he could file for Divorce this week, but I asked him just to wait. Moving out was hard enough for me. It is the most devastating thing I have ever gone though, (obviously still going through) and I seriously wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, if I had one. <p>BUT Mr. Hurt, I fell out of love with him some time ago. He pushed me away soooo much over the past two years, that he lost me. Of course I love him for what we had, and I care about his well being, but I am not at all "in love" with him anymore. <p>My email address is: way2innocent72@yahoo.com<p>I am 29 years old. <p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation