Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I just add and changed the name to this post. Left much of the info.<p>I just don't get it, tomorrow would be 21 years of our marriage!! We had been doing so well, didn't know that there were problems til D Day 15 months ago, and we still aren't divorced. I do have to wonder why he hasn't done more to achieve this.<p>Oh well, tomorrow will be one year that I have been on MB, a good place to be with good people!!<p>Thanks for all of the support that has been shown to me this past year!!<p>And now the original post......<p>I re posted this from GQII for some more input, thanks.<p>WH intiated a divorce the 14 of Feb.
I signed admission papers on the 6th of March.<p>I e-mailed WH asking for response to some questions regarding the demise of marriage March 6.<p>WH didn't respond for a week or better. Once he responded I sent letter describing my wants and needs in this divorce so that we can start negotiations. (His idea to save money on lawyers)<p>No response til March 19th (daughters b day) WH said I was asking for too much $$$ (I know that I am, but needed some place to start for negotiations). I asked WH to give me a dollar amount. Nothing, nilch, nada from WH. He was even here for Easter weekend with the kids (Stayed at a hotel, his idea) I don't want to intiate contact on this matter, (I believe that would make it to easy for him, I'm not trying to be mean, if he wants this divorce he needs to do the work for it.)<p>Here in South Dakota a divorce can be completed in 60 days, from signing of admission papers. That is coming up soon. Does he still want this divorce or not? Why is he dragging his feet?<p>I did contact him about our taxes, I included a note saying that I hope he enjoys his trip next week to visit his brother, I know that he is apprehensive about seeing any famiily members.<p>How cruel of him to say so many mean and hateful things towards me, tell me that he never loved me and has always loved this OW. I know in my heart that that is fog talk, but he is so adamant when he says there is nothing left for us. I believe him and then he drags his feet like this, what am I to think? I try so hard not to let my hopes get to high but they inch their way back up there. I know that when he finally does repsond it will say how busy it is that he has been at work and such, but if you want a divorce don't you make the time to see to the paper work? I just don't get it!!! Guess I needed to vent some today!!<p>Thanks,
Dawn <p>Oh yeah! I almost forgot I have what would be our 21st wedding anniversary coming up on Thursday. UGH!!! Am not sure what I want to do about that yet.<p>Did think about scanning in a picture of WH when we first meet and one of him now with a note saying "the young man I feel in love with and the man that I still love." Don't know that I will do that or not, what is your thought?<p>[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: daybreak ] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: daybreak ]</p>

F
F
I know how hard this is for you.....I would just sit back and let him make the next move. The ball is in his court. In Texas it only takes 60 days too. Isn't that amazing??? You can be married for 20 yrs....and be done in 60 days. To me it doesn't make sense. My 60 days were up in Nov.....he never did anything settlement wise...too busy going on trips and making plans to move her here....so he did nothing. The courts are so crowded that we don't have a court date until June....but we will be done before that.....I need to be done...I would never get what he is going to give me in court.<p>Hang in there...you are doing fine. This is just a tough situation. <p>MAX

D
OP Offline
D
FAS,<p>I thank you for the response. I guess I too feel the need to be done, but don't want to do it for him. I've done everything else in our marriage the past 20 years, he just didn't do it, so I had to, not this time though!!<p>Just have had a hard week as a friend at school was diganosed with terminal cancer and has only 2-4 months to live she has kids the same ages as my youngest two. Sue did not chose to do this to her family as to my WH has, that is sad. I think of those two kids growing up with only the memories of their mom. My kids still have their father just in another state and a different state of mind. <p>That was 2 people this past week that are close to me that were diganosed. Life just seems so un fair sometimes, and your own problems don't seem quite so bad.<p>Dawn [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
Hey daybreak,<p>Sorry to hear what has been going on....our 21st was last June...and it was hard.<p>My computer blew up 8 days ago and a friend just got it back up and running again. <p>You have been in my thoughts tho....

D
OP Offline
D
bump

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation