Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#725519 04/19/02 05:36 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
It has been quite a long time since I have posted here at MB. My divorce was final last June and just last month my exH bought me out of my share of the house. It was very hard to let go of something that I put so much into but I couldn't afford it alone so I let him buy me out. I have moved to an apartment and everything was final this past Monday. I just don't know where to go from here. My ex is still living with the OW that he has been with since the beginning of the affair. He now says he is in no hurry to move back into his house. I feel like the OW somehow got the better of everything. She got my life that I used to have. My husband, my house and my life as I knew it. She got what she set out to get from square one.<p>My ex shows really no remorse or feeling for what he did and what I went thru. It is like his life never skipped a beat. He just found a new woman got rid of the old and never looked back. <p>Will I ever get over what he and the OW did by scheming, lying, cheating etc to me?<p>I thought that maybe after living with the OW and her kids now fulltime since September that reality might just hit him full steam but it doesn't look that way. And by telling me he is in no hurry to move back to the house just makes me feel all the worse.<p>Thoughts?????????????????

R
R
yes,<p>You asked this question:
"Will I ever get over what he and the OW did by scheming, lying, cheating etc to me?"<p>In a way, we never get over a life trauma. You have lost many things dear to you and it still hurts you very much. I do know that for me, time has softened the pain of the trauma greatly. I will never forget what I experienced, yet, it no longer consumes my life. I just no longer have the pain associated with thoughts of my exH and his wife, who was the OW.<p>Over time, you can redefine your life. Right now, it is hard, because you have just suffered another loss by having to give up your marital home. Try to focus on how great you new place is. Spruce up your apartment in whatever ways you can afford. Make it as flowery and feminine as you'd like! Accessorize, start collections, do whatever with your space to make it personal and pleasing to you!<p>Put your effort and energies into things that will yield you a positive return, yes. You have many people here who care that you are hurting. Give yourself more time to heal. Grant your life new meaning by making each day count for something positive!<p>Prayers and hugs, Desiree

R
RWD Offline
R
Yes,
I felt the same way. However check out my post down the page aways.<p>Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 716 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation