Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728659 06/05/02 08:49 PM
E
OP Offline
E
What a piece of work!!<p>XH went off when I picked up the kids tonight because sometimes I give the kids POP-TARTS for breakfast. This is unacceptable to him and he says he will take me to court if I don't feed them a complete balanced breakfast every day.<p>OH he makes me laugh!!

#728660 06/05/02 09:18 PM
M
M
Hi ex-Princess Buttercup,<p>I am sorry to inform you that I must completely agree that POP TARTS are **not** a complete balanced breakfast for the children.<p>POP TARTS are meant to be served **with** bacon for DINNER!!!!!!!!. What's wrong with you?!?!?!?<p>Ok, sarcasm. The "Old Farts" here will know what I mean. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#728661 06/06/02 12:07 AM
H
H

<small>[ January 26, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>

#728662 06/06/02 06:25 AM
U
U
I am also a mom who LOVES convenience foods. Anyway, which is worse on the children, eating pop-tarts for breakfast OR you father committing adultery, divorcing your mother and living with the OW????? <p>Personally, I am ashamed of myself - what am I thinking? Of course, my childrens' consumption of junk food is much worse [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] !

#728663 06/06/02 06:35 AM
F
F
What!!!???? No ice cream on the Pop-Tarts? Bad, bad, bad mommy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm lucky if I can get my kid to eat breakfast---she's always too busy doing her hair and fussing with her clothes in the morning to eat. *Sometimes* if I'm quick enough, I can shove a piece of toast or fruit in her bag on the way out the door.

#728664 06/06/02 06:43 AM
C
C
I thought pop tarts were ok - reasonably nutritious - grain and fruit. And you can get low fat ones. (My personal favorite is unfrosted brown sugar and cinnamon which are low in fruit content, however.)<p>Ice cream - excellent for you. Dairy, eggs, maybe fruit, has protein. Good stuff.<p>And while we're at it, let's talk about pizza. Cheese. Good. Grains. Good. Vegetable/fruit (tomato sauce). Good. Probably meat. Good. It's looking like a near perfect food.

#728665 06/06/02 08:18 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Pizza and ice cream are staples of our diet!! We are so health-minded!! LOL<p>This is from the same camp that chewed me out for sending D with a Lunchable for lunch. The same camp that fed my S "beef and chocolate" for dinner, topped off with a type of candy that they KNEW made him throw up. Just before sending him home with me.<p>I can't believe XH actually threatened to take me to court over this!! He's NOT sound!

#728666 06/06/02 08:36 AM
T
T
I must be a really bad mom my son loves Cocoa Pebbles with Fat Free Milk & a glass of tea.

#728667 06/06/02 11:37 AM
I
I
MEDIC238,<p>ROFLMAOASTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>Oh geez, I think Resilient posted a link to Lori's story a couple of weeks ago. That was just too funny. I can't see Pop-Tarts in the grocery store without thinking about that.<p>together,<p>What about Fruity Pebbles and goldfish? Although sometimes we have pancakes too.

#728668 06/06/02 11:42 AM
I
I
cinderella,<p>I missed yours earlier. Pizza is the most balance single food you can eat. Depending on toppings, you can have something from every food group on your pizza. For my S and I, we have the crust group, the cheese group, the sauce group, the peperoni group, and especially, the olive group. Those are the five food groups, right??<p>Is chicken nuggets (dinosaur shaped), and mac & cheese considered a nutritious dinner?

#728669 06/06/02 11:51 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Okay, so I'm not completely OFF for letting my children eat a Pop-Tart for breakfast when we're running late ...<p>HOW if there is a way CAN I get my XH to back off on these threats!!?<p>(BTW I just ordered Verbally Abusive Relationship off Amazon...)

#728670 06/07/02 12:42 AM
H
H
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ex-Princess Buttercup:
<strong><p>(BTW I just ordered Verbally Abusive Relationship off Amazon...)</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Well it's about time!
Gosh how long I've been telling you to get that book????<p>Look, just ignore him. He says this stuff to upset you, and will continue as long as he sees that it does upset you.<p>If he says "pop tarts are BAD", just say - "so YOU say".
If he says "I'm taking you to court!!", just sigh and say "if you think that it is necessary, dear".<p>Stop letting him upset your confidence in yourself and what you do for the children. This how he undermines you and your self worth. Start trusting your own decisions.<p>And hit him up with a frivolous lawsuit case...
[img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

#728671 06/06/02 01:04 PM
I
I
ex-Princess,<p>(You may be an ex, but you're still a princess). <p>He hasn't got a leg to stand on. He'll never be able to prove that pop-tarts for breakfast constitutes being negligent towards you kids. Do what Harlequin says and ignore him. If that gets tiring you could always ask him what he gives the kids for breakfast. That should be an interesting answer.<p>Just remember, all he can do is threaten you. If he takes you to court for this, the judge will throw him out on his a$$.

#728672 06/06/02 11:25 PM
M
M
Hey Gang,<p>First off, [Not an]Idiotguy you are jeopardizing your childrens nutritional needs by not supplying the sixth food group while serving the pizza, the beer group. I can only hope that in the future this condition will be remedied. If not you are doing a great injustice to them. AND, dinosaur nuggets should **not** be used as a substitute for the ones that come in the shape of the Smurfs. What is up with you? What are you thinking?<p>Princess,<p> I can only say that what you received was part of the standard operating procedure from the X. What's next, he doesn't like you feeding them fried chicken embrios for breakfast. I'd tell him to go pound sand up his [censored]. But, that's only me. Supposedly, You [we] can't do anything right.

#728673 06/07/02 10:46 AM
I
I
MEDIC,<p>As my S is only 3, is it okay if I drink his quota of beer? He usually gets his liquid vitamins from chocolate milk. I use Ovaltine, so it's good for him. Also, we try to avoid anything Smurf or Barney related. Fortunately, he's never seen a smurf, he's more interested in golf. Are there any golf ball shaped nuggets?<p>Princess,<p>Medic is right, it will be a long time before you are capable of doing anything to please your ex. Just keep doing what you're doing, he'll give up after a while. Of course, "a while" might be a long time.

#728674 06/07/02 01:14 PM
R
R
"Okay, so I'm not completely OFF for letting my children eat a Pop-Tart for breakfast when we're running late ..."<p>Heck NOOOOO! I'm helping spawn the second generation of "pop tarts are a balanced breakfast/lunch/dinner" believers. A bowl of ice cream for breakfast once in a while isn't too bad either!<p>Of course what do I know, I'm only the g-ma! Whatever didn't kill my kids off, their kids get! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>There are a few nuts and bolts loose but they aren't yours!

#728675 06/09/02 08:15 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Should I ask him for a detailed journal of all the meals he's prepared for them over the course of the last 30 days he's had them in his care?<p>I'd love to show him the nutrient content of a fast food kids meal, suckers and bubble gum!! Meals that Grandma makes don't count!!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#728676 06/10/02 10:16 AM
I
I
Princess,<p>If you did that, it would be right off the Unintentional Comedy scale. Of course, if you take away Grandma prepared meals, he's probably responsible for about three.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 766 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation