Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#729016 06/11/02 01:49 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Well...I probably blew it tonight. My son had a baseball game at 6 tonight here in our little town. My exH came and guess who he brought?<p>You know, I thought I was over the anger. I was walking up to the field with some dear friends--when I just knew he had brought her. I went bizerk. I wanted to beat the H** out of both of them. I couldn't believe my emotions. So, instead...I was going to go over and introduce myself. She told me "Patty, don't". As we walked closer...I said "uh, sorry...can't stop now. So I marched over there and said "Gosh, I don't think we have formally met...the last time I saw you, you were in a compromised situation. My name is .......nice to finally meet you when you are not in hiding"...She held out her hand and shook mine...and I walked off. What a b****--why would they even think of coming to this little town. They make me sick.<p>I didn't know how angry I still am...until this happened. I wish they would both just drop dead. Everyone was talking about them. I just told them that yea, that was Jim's 28 year old bimbo that helps him behave like a 19 year old. Does anyone else think this is tacky besides me? I guess I am just not hip to all the new morality. I feel like crap tho.

#729017 06/11/02 08:06 AM
F
F
Missery,<p>It's OK!!! You are human!! Even Christ overthrew the money changers in the temple (and HE's the CHrist) HE was ANGRY and furious. <p> This woman helped to destroy your marriage and to see someone "Get away with it" and seem to be fine with what they did is unjustified. It's Not OK what they did and it will never be ok. Just know that you still have deep anger and work on yourself. I don't believe this happens overnight either. Just be careful not to let bitterness take root in yourself, because then you can begin to destroy yourself. But I say its ok to be human. I actually thought you handled yourself rather well. Because you spoke the truth. <p>Take care, I have to deal with the same garbage and it's hard. <p>Susan

#729018 06/11/02 08:39 AM
S
S
Pat,<p>There is nothing wrong with that anger. When it goes away, well, let me know.<p>You know that for awhile I have been pretty much at peace but I have felt or am felling angry. It maybe that it was a yr ago today that I go check my email at the public library & read that becuase I haven't called H enough or email him when I knew what a hard time he was having, he had quit his job & was coming back to the states to live with the OW. And oh btw, all of our stuff was packed & all ready being shipped back to the states. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>But you know you acted like a lady. You were polite. Sounds as if she was embrassed. There maybe hope for her yet.<p>I don't think I could go up to the slut and be nice. Slap her yes, throw red paint on her. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] Introduce to her friends as this is the tramp STBX lives with. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hope your summer is going well. We are just lazying around the pool and relaxing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#729019 06/12/02 12:00 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Finding Peace and Sing,<p>I was just amazed at the depth of my emotions. And I couldn't believe that she just sat there. What a scum bag. What does she think, the divorce is final and now she is legite? I don't think so. <p>Sing, I would have loved to have punched them both in the face. Would have looked bad tho.<p>As it was, everyone was taking about it. There is just no excuse for bringing her here. Next time, I think I will ask her if she is finally seeing the "real" Jim now. He had a major alcoholic, anger breakdown at his apt after graduation.<p>Or I might ask her if she wants to be introduced to everyone--since she shows such an interest in Warrensburg. I can see it now...."This is my H's bimbo"--isn't she great? <p>I really sound bitter don't I? I don't care that he is with her anymore---but I do care that they keep infringing on my life here...and on my kids. Sorry for the vent. Oh....I wish I could just go on with my life.<p>[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: miserynmissouri ]</p>

#729020 06/11/02 02:47 PM
R
R
Vent away!!!!! Like Sing said, there is nothing wrong with being angry, it's normal .... <p>Yanno, I can't imagine what must go thru these OW heads or hearts. They show up without shame or regard for anyone's feelings.<p>I have tried and tried to understand how and why they can be so IN-YOUR-FACE, but I can't seem to get a grasp on it. Are women THAT desperate for a man that they'd compromise their self respect just to be seen with him??? <p>Pat, she didn't belong there. It was wayyyyyyyy too soon for them to start flaunting their couple-hood in front of you and the kids while all your friends watched. You handled yourself appropriately considering the circumstances, Hon. I'm proud of you for not going off the deep-end and restraining yourself. Keep venting here as much as needed.<p>I'm terribly sorry this took place. Their selfishness must blind them to the hurt they're causing so many. <p>Jo

#729021 06/11/02 07:08 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Resilient,<p>I really don't understand this either. I just can't imagine doing this to someone.<p>I guess, she wants a relationship with my kids--since she won't be having any...that is the only thing I can think of. How sick.<p>She was cool as a cucumber....I am afraid I was kind of shaking when I went over there. What type of women would do this. She obviously has no morals whatsoever. <p>I have been trying to get rid of these emotions by tackling our filthy basement. I did throw a lot of stuff out...especially belonging to ex. I have done so well with sending his stuff to him--now I just want to get rid of it. <p>Looks like we are under a tornado watch...guess I could pray for it to hit Lee Summitt--- [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I am afraid this is just going to keep on being a nightmare. I hate this.<p>How are you doing Resilient...I am afraid I have lost touch with a lot of the people here. I hope you are doing well. Take Care Pat

#729022 06/11/02 07:49 PM
F
F
Pat
I can't believe that they are not ashamed....if they are they must cover it well. <p>You did a good job. I just hope my STBX listens to my son when he says I don't want the OW coming to my games. That would just be so cruel on my H's part. My parents and sister sometimes attend games. You think my H was uncomfortable by himself???? Just wait until he brings the tramp.<p>You did good girl....hang in there. I am a little nervous you know....I am following in your footsteps.<p>MAX

#729023 06/11/02 08:56 PM
U
U
miserynmissouri:<p>I almost replied to you this morning, but I ran out of time. I am so where you are right now. The ex and the OW want to be in my face too. In fact, my ex gets mad at me because I won't be nice to the OW, or at least I guess that's what is it???<p>My ex married me, in part, because of my morals and values. Just because his have changed doesn't mean that mine have [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] !<p>I would appreciate any insight into how to get out of this without a major blow-up (that's where we are headed now). I just WILL NEVER accept the OW. <p>I'm proud of how you handled yourself though. You are way more cool than I could have ever been
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ! Keep on keeping on...<p>Ashley

#729024 06/12/02 12:52 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Dear Feeling So Alone and Untrapped Mom,<p>I don't know what the answer is....no matter what I do...I am the guilty one.<p>My exH has been emailing my daughter all day trying to act concerned about her college expenses. What a crock. He is emailing these also to his to his parents and his brother--oh what a concerned dad. I can't believe it, but they fall for it every time. Amazing since they witnessed his behavior at graduation. <p>I wish they would all just get on with their lives, and leave us alone. It is pretty sad. Oh well. <p>Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you all don't get to this spot. It is miserable. My exH will be a thorn in my side for the rest of my life. How do you break away from it...I don't know how to do that. He is constantly creating havoc with our lives....especially mine. Take Care Pat

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation