Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#729315 06/15/02 07:18 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello dear friends,<p>Just an update that was promised... in a previous reply.<p>Life is going well...
...with the grace of God.<p>I've been working (at one job) for a little over a year. wheeewww!<p>... and now...
...my (step)son will be moving back home!<p>FYI: For those who missed the drama about my son...
Back in November of last year... he had a violent outburst at home... got arrested... and then went to live with his mom (next state over)...
I'm sure the outburst, at least in part, was due to his untreated ADHD/ADD...
He has now started counseling... with a good Christian counselor (yes there are some)
...and more so... he has begun taking medication...
...even if he has to change it... he promises to stay with some appropriate medication!<p>He has for the over the past 7+ months seen more of the truth of his mom.
He has seen her lack of love... when he had an ear infection... she wouldn't take him to the doctors.
He has seen her selfishness... using his money...(for her & OM's food)... on his 20 hour/week part time job.
He has been put into her world of nudism (don't want to debate this)...
... but it's a lifestyle (he doesn't participate in)... but with OM and mom practicing at home... is being very reluctantly exposed to.<p>...and as tensions between him and his mom increase...<p>...he has become the prodigal son... concluding with his return.
(Hopefully 2nd week of July)<p>I don't expect the transition of him returning to go perfectly smooth.
There will be tensions between him and his grandmother (my mother)...
...but with my support for both of them... it will work out in the end.<p>He will get a full time job... easier here in my area then in the depressed economy where his mom is... (she too just got laid off this week... [i]I pray for her still[/b])<p>In September, he will start college again...
...stepping back a bit... to a 2 year college to find a better, newer direction.<p>------------<p>For me...
...I take this as a step in reuniting and rebuilding my family.<p>In counseling, with my son, the counselor can't help but marvel at my attitude...
...and has reaffirmed the healthiness of my Plan B! Especially in light with the proposals my xW had regarding vacation time with the younger 2 children.<p>A good Plan B... not resulting in hate... but a loss of romantic love...
...and in fact as a replacement with... the "love of neighbor"...
...which can best be fulfilled by my prayers for her... and...
...for her return to the beginnings of faith and eventual fullness of faith.<p>Yes... I am dragging my feet on the annulment; but that too, will be started.<p>--------<p>Love to all.<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jim/NSR

#729316 06/15/02 07:53 PM
M
M
Hey Jim,<p>You sound real good. Yeah, real good as opposed to great because none of us ever wanted to be here in the first place, but, thank goodness this place does exist. As my cats say, "Poop happens"<p>Is the X still this close to me in the depressed economy zone? [Zip holding fingers this close ll]<p>Sending you and yours many good thoughts. May the goodness of what you have done here on the boards come back to you many times over. Take care my friend.<p>Tim. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#729317 06/15/02 07:57 PM
C
C
Wow - that's miraculous. You know, I still pray, and I know that God is not a vending machine. But, He sends strength and courage and peace in measures we can handle.<p>And you are doing well, very, very well.

#729318 06/16/02 12:17 AM
N
N
Hi Jim,<p>Pleased to read the update, but sad too... so much drama for you, even still. <p>YOU sound wonderful, strong, and committed still, and that is GOOD.<p>About your stepson: Do you realize what a gem you are!? My gosh, raising a stepson as your own, even so much as doing it ALONE! You are remarkable, but then... we always knew that!<p>Take care, my friend...

#729319 06/16/02 08:04 AM
R
R
Jim,<p>I am so happy your stepson is moving back with you. I know you will be so happy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>When all is said and done, I want you to think about pursuing your dream to become a Deacon, again. OK!?!?!? Promise you will at least give it serious consideration again!!<p>Hugs, Desiree

#729320 06/16/02 11:07 AM
R
RWD Offline
R
Jim,<p>I can only echo what the others have said!!!<p>God Bless!<p>Bob

#729321 06/16/02 11:04 PM
L
L
Jim, <p>So good to hear you're doing well and your stepson is moving home. You have always been an inspiration.<p>Leslie

#729322 06/18/02 12:06 AM
J
J
Hi Jim,<p>It is good to hear about your son. It is also good to hear that your life is settling out. It has been a long uphill climb for you, but you have been blessed with great fortitude.<p>God Bless,<p>JL

#729323 06/17/02 07:10 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you, one and all...<p>{Tim},{cinderella},{~sheryl},{Desiree},{Bob},{Leslie}, and {JL}!<p>
It was a busy day... father's day...
...with my daughter's dance recital...
...and the annual "dancin' dads" routine as a finale...
...yep... these dancin' feet are tired!<p>and sadly...
...my xW hasn't lost a bit of her bitterness.
At the dance recital (no OM by the way)...
...my daughter asked me to ask her mom to let my daughter's cousin (my side of the family... arriving a bit later)... to meet her dancing friends...
[no dad's allowed where the daughters are changing]!!!<p>When I asked the xW... and it was gently asked...
...I get... "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!".<p>...I'll give her the benefit of the doubt...
...she lost her job this week.
...(and Tim... it's their words... "depressed economy"... not mine... may be true for unskilled labor like son's (near Allentown); I hope for you all is not just going well... but ever improving!... best wishes to you and Gina!)<p>-----------<p>Re: som... So far so good...
...even though signs persist that my (step)son is still tied to his mom's apron strings (no offense to moms out there)... but...
1. son cancelled a couseling session... for dinner with mom (the apppointment was made a long time ago... her request to him... came yesterday!)
2. his mom is asking him to stay the night in the new "trailer home"... at "the camp"....
...even though he claims to me... he is dead set against the lifestyle of "the camp"...<p>Son will be going for his first road trip (to Colorado)... independent of any of us...
...maybe this will help him growup.... I hope!<p>-------------<p>I'll keep you all posted with those significant life changes...
...and I hope progress on the annulment front will be at the top of the list...
...(it's the only way to the deaconate!... I hear you Desiree)<p>Love to all...<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jim/NSR

#729324 06/18/02 06:44 AM
W
W
Good job, Jim.<p>Dave

#729325 06/18/02 07:19 PM
R
R
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>RMA

#729326 06/22/02 11:24 AM
P
P
Jim,<p>I just popped in here to see if there were any of my "old" friends still bumping around and saw your post.
I'm am happy to see you are doing well even though there is so much going around you.
Much love to you and yours.
And a hearty hello to all my other friends who have responded here. (sheryl and all)

#729327 06/22/02 10:07 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks Dave... Desiree... and Patient Love!<p>Good to hear from true friends!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jim/NSR

#729328 06/22/02 10:59 PM
M
M
Hi Jim,
Glad to hear things are going great for you! You sound wonderful!! You deserve only the best!<p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#729329 06/24/02 09:45 AM
K
K Offline
K
Hi Jim,<p>Just got back from vacation. It does sound like things are going well for you. I hope that you can continue to be a positive influence in your stepson's life. You're a good man... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation