Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quandry:<BR><B>Seriously... I was reading that, according to the Kinsley studies, 2-3 times a week is average for couples in their 20s and 30s; frequency declines in the 40s and thereafter... Sounds like most of you guys are way above average...???</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Some people will always be above average...but there are a lot of people here below average.<P>My W and I have been together 14 years. First 8 years, almost every night. Then, by mutual agreement for about 5 years, every other night (roughly). Now, more like twice a week, with occasional sexual favors, i.e.: not full intercourse. <P>So, I guess we are in the average range right now, but I don't like the trend line [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>

C
C
In my marriage, it happens sporadically (no, I won't say it happens in spurts ..lol). Don't many couples kind of go from all the time to not much at all (like feast or famine)? (My mother was very candid with me when I asked questions about sex and I've read other articles pertaining to this particular subject, and this seems to be fairly commonplace)<P>My husband and I have a very good relationship now in regard to intimacy, but we didn't for awhile, and this directly corresponded to all of our problems marriage-wise. On average (which can be 5-7 times per week some weeks, and 0 to 2 other times). So I'm thinking that if the couple are both happy with the # & quality, then the quantity shouldn't be as big of an issue?

G
G
Do you consider oral sex to be sex or just intercorse?

Q
quandry Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
If you're asking me (since I posted this question), I'd say definitely "yes"!

T
T
Married 20 years. Averages 2-4 times per month. Hasn't been much different since when we got married although we discussed it numerous times over the years. Would get a little better periodically and then fall back into the same old pattern. Figured I would have had the affair instead of her based on our frequency and sex being my number one emotional need.

S
S
Too much? No such thing if married (Hebrews 13:4)...<BR>If not married, then 1 time is one too many ...also Hebrews 13:4.

P
P
What I would like is 2 times everyday. At the beginning of our marriage we were separated for about 4 months(we were in the Air Force, she was stationed in Florida, I was in Montana.) The first month after we got together we would have it mutiple times per day. One day we made love 7 times.<P>After that month of love making several times per day we went to about 2 times per day everyday. It stayed that way until about the 6 year mark when lots of other problems entered into the equation. We went to maybe 4 times per month. When she started having affairs 2 on it went to 4 times maybe every 6 months. Most recently, it was a little over a year. Attempting to work on a full love making session tonight. Was unsuccessful last night because her priorities are much like the typical male where work is there world.<P>I am not typical because my family is the most important part of my life after God. God is the reason why my family is the most imprtant part of my life.<P>We will have 15 years on 5 Oct.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 170 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation