...May not be a HOT topic and might even put a few to sleep here. However, a very small book about trust titled "Trust" by an Ira Tanner has both given new ideas for Plan A and contradicted advice from here and from other people.<P>The author gave this premise 'that we must be believed in; we can't go it alone.' Okay, he didn't say marriage is a must for all. He quotes a Reuel Howe, "...only as we know another and are known BY that other can we know ourselves."<P>Tanner: "We receive the gift of ourselves from another person." Yet, my brother, (who is bitter now), said to me when this first began "remember, rrunrr, no woman completes a man."<P>Trust and be trusted. The trust we need to have is not about any ONE thing, and is different with every relationship. But we need to be affirmed and affirm each other. If not then the betrayed partner ..."feels violated to the core of their being." <P>I responded to a post in GQs mentioning that daily exposures to this site, things people say to or around me, and other sources, have given me tools that I can use for Plan A. Daily. I uncovered this book in a stack of books while looking for another and started reading. WOW!! <BR>It was one she bought but it doesn't look like it had been opened. (We often went to state church conventions and she always found something in the book exhibits, not always getting around to reading them right away.) Who knows, the timing of uncovering this may be a blessing?<BR>Must dash, have an appointment.<P>rrunrr<P><BR>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.<p>[This message has been edited by rrunrr (edited August 23, 2000).]