Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BLS1960 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
There is a Q&A on how one person can save a marriage if the woman is the one who left. What do I do to save my marriage if he is the one who left?<P>We have been married 1-1/2 years and are a blended family. Both of us have children from previous relationships. <P>We have both made errors in the marriage. I'm trying to deal with my problems (being too strong and independant, being demanding on both my husband and child, being impatient, and being afraid to be soft because I think I might not be able to hold it together if I break). He works all of the time, he has child support and bills from before we were married that he won't let me help with. He says it isn't fair to me and that he has to do it himself. I feel neglected when he is working so much and want more time together. He says he needs more time alone than I do and just wants time alone.<P>How do I give him time alone and also work to get our marriage back together? Is there any hope at all? <P>

K
K
Dear BLS,<P>You sound like you fit the description of the "Angry Woman/Passive Man" couple as described in the James Dobson's book, Love Must Be Tough. My H and I fit the description perfectly and, unfortunately, it got to the point where my H moved out. There is a way you can help your marriage. Without typing out the whole chapter, bascially, your H is asking for space -- give it to him, in a loving way. Ease the pressure you've been putting on him to spend more time with you. Find some of your own interests and when possible try to overlap them with his. <P>For example, my H likes to golf, although he may see the time he spends golfing as "his" time, if I started going golfing with my friends, I'm sure we could end up on a few golf dates together. That's hypothetical, of course, since for my H and I it's too late. He's gone and I doubt he'll be coming back -- he's told me so.<P>Make changes NOW, before it's too late. If you can, read the chapter in that book. There are other things you can do, too, by following the Basic Concepts here at MB and work on not LBing (lovebusting) and fulfilling ENs (emotional needs). It's not too late for you -- you <B>can</B> help your marriage. Just don't wait a second longer.<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn

G
gsd Offline
G
KA-<P>That description sounds like my husband too. He left about three months ago. He has described himself as passive-agressive, and I tend to agree based on the reading that I have done on that subject myself. Each person contributes to that endless cycle. I can indeed describe myself as angry.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation