Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Wishin Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I hear every so often of people who have had divorces, and then eventually falling back in love and getting remarried.

Today, one of my employees was telling me about his aunt and uncle who got divorced six years ago. I guess it was an EXTREMELY messy divorce. They had absolutely nothing to do with each other for six straight years after the divorce. And now, their seeing each other again, and talking about getting married!!!!!

I wonder what the percentage is of divorcees who get back together again.

I don't suppose it's very high....*sigh*.........

-Wishin'

B
B
I guess we all are thinking the same thing in one way or another...I'd like to know the answer to this too!! Hang in there kiddo!

C
C
Just as a note.
Only 20% of marriage with affairs (at least the initial affair) end in divorce.

<small>[ November 20, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Chris (CA123) ]</small>

G
G
I doubt that the statistics are very helpful when applied to individual situations.

For example, from what I've read, one quite common scenario is for the WS to (eventually) realize that (s)he made a mistake and to desire reconciliation, only to discover that the BS has given up and become established in another relationship. (Realistically, how many people are going to wait around for six years for someone who has treated them like you-know-what?)

In other words, it's not just a matter of willingness to try again, it's also a matter of circumstance and timing.

B
B
To add to Chris's words:
only 3% of that 20% what ended in divorce marry OW/OM. Very small percentage.
But when you are THE one (like me) it makes 100%.
So I agree statistics are sh*** in spite of the fact that I still live in hope I will be in THE 100% of those whose exH will be back one day.
Wish me luck
D

F
F
Don't know about statistics, but know that when a WS/OP marry, their marriages fail with a high percent. Also, read somewhere, that they usually don't marry anyway. As for a couple divorcing and remarrying, I am wishing for that for myself. I do love my husband, and I do want to help him. I would like for us to go to counseling, and see a counselor in a different light now.

There are those that know they love their spouse, for who they are. We are the ones that are sincere in our words, and sincere in our committment. The feelings are so real, and yes, we do love our spouses.

Would be nice for us to have an answer, God really is putting a lot of strain on us, and I wish my WS would finally see that I do love him very much. I wouldn't have married him, if this was not true. I feel he loves me too.

Hopefully, someone will have the statistics to show us the answer.

I
I
I think it's around 13%

T
T
Wow! It feels good to see that there are many who still hold to the hope of their spouse one day returning. It sure makes me feel better.

I could not even begin to list statistics for those who managed to hold onto their singleness long enough for the wayward spouse to wake up and smell the coffee.

What I can say is that since our divorce is that I've met quite a few who have managed just that. My new neighbors are a good example. After being divorced for 8 years they remarried. That was a huge encouragement for me. While out buying new furniture the saleslady I was working with was another who had divorced her husband and remarried again after 5 years.

L
L
Another one here who doesn't know the statistics. I agree with the poster who said it doesn't matter anyway. Statistics are pretty much useless as they don't dictate your life or the outcome of your relationship. We don't have a crystal ball. Darn it! LOL

I've known several couples throughout the times that have divorced and remarried. Some of them went on to divorce again, others are still together. One couples divorced and remarried a few times! Unreal. They just couldn't get along. An older couple I know live in separate houses beside each other. They aren't married, but are very close.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation