Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I thought I was ready, wanting him to go, wanting to be releived he is gone, wanting time to myself , the house to myself, no longer afraid he will be here, I will have to see him and talk to him.

Instead I am sad. I see this is the last day I will see him here living in this house. He took his bed, I guess last night was the last ime he sleeps under this roof. It is really really happening. no more denial.

Ouch

N
N
I'm so sorry, Lora.

I remember when my ex moved out, all three times, and each time got better, but it sure wasn't good.

I know this sounds trite, but I don't mean it to be... it *does* get better with time. It will never be good, but better... and in time... you will heal.

You are so smart about your life, you know? You take your time, don't rush anything, and you tried very hard. You are an inspiration, even though that's not what you were striving for... I suspect you were striving for an intact marriage. Well, it wasn't *you* it was him, and he will pay the piper... and you will heal, and survive.

Best wishes...

S
S
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LORA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry, thats all I can do...give you a big hug. It hurts and I know it all too well.

H moved out 2 months ago now and I know things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get any better. Keep your chin up and your eyes on God.
Dawn

L
L
{{{{{{{{{Lora}}}}}}}}}}

How are you doing? This is your second time around with separation. You did everything you could. I read somewhere that we grieve what we have lost but mourn for what we never had. For me, giving up the dreams of what I had hoped for but never got was the hardest thing of all.

Leslie

L
L
Lora-

I'm sorry that you're having to go through this at this time of year. I can remember when my X left after Thanksgiving of last year, it felt like a dark cloud was following me around for weeks. The others are right and things will get better. Spend time with friends and family that care about you and you'll get through it. I hope things turn out the way you want...Good luck!

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks all,

Here I am in the morning all by myself, all the lights on, no need to be quiet. Crying again.

I know it will get better, I was even happy by myself before. But somehow I knew it wasnt final then, now it feels different and final.

Going to counseling tonight, have some parties schedualed. Thank you all for sharing your experiances and thoughts with me.
Lora

I
I
Lora,

This time is much different than the last. For me, it was a whole different adjustment when it was for good. Once the missing is over, the relief will be there, it was for me. I don't regret my decision, and every time I talk to her, my good decision making is reinforced.

All you can do is keep on keeping on and hang in there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation