Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I don't know how to contact some members whose last posts seem to have appeared last August. The posts I found thru search were encouraging, but I would like to talk with them, and especially get their husbands view. My husband needs support & information. He would communicate with them however possible. He has what he considers valid issues, & therefore we have a serious relationship problem. It has caused infidelity (or excuses for same) & of course the mind-numbing pain. Don't know how I would have retained my sanity w/o Christ & this site! I would like to hear from Everhopeful, maryb, &/or ktgirl. Of course, we now are aware of all the mistakes we made & our neglect of each other. I am optimistic, and my husband would like to be! I/we need encouragement & support, and I finally think this is the place. Am looking forward to replies. (I'm 12 yrs. older...we've been married for 19 yrs.) Az55Lady<P>------------------<BR>Az55Lady

D
D
Hi<BR>I am not any of those people you referred to but.... You say he has valid issues. Can we ask what they are? I don't understand if you are saying the age difference is the problem or not. I was in a relationship where I was 12 years older than the guy. We did not stay together but I don't think the age difference has anything to do with it. <P>He always seems older than his years and I am always thought to be younger. We had other problems.<BR>didi

A
OP Offline
A
Hi Didi Thanks for your quick response. My H considers his greatest problem to be extremely sensitive and has for a long time. That is why we're hoping to contact the H in a marriage relationship similar to ours. The age difference does play an important part in how he relates to me.I am uncomfortable with quoting him. I am hoping, tho, that he will respond thru email or whatever private means are available on this site. He has indicated that he would like to talk with someone in his position on a private level. There are times when my H seems older than me, also! Other problems did contribute to our present situation...especially poor communication. We just never faced this issue at all until a few months ago. <P><BR> <P>------------------<BR>Az55Lady

H
H
Az55Lady,<P>I think if you move this topic under the "Emotional Needs" you will get more responses. Probably more than you want! I would look for GSN, ilmf, HH (Happy Husband), FaithHopeLove, Karenna, and seekingjoy. They are really good, and have been on this site for a long time. I consider them the "old timers."

A
OP Offline
A
Dear HaloHeart, Thank you for taking the time to reply. You confirm what I thought might be the better place. However, since I found posts from the people I was hoping to contact in "other topics", I posted there also. I agree I should move to E.N. & will do so. Thanks again, <P>------------------<BR>Az55Lady

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation