Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#751102 05/27/03 08:57 AM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It has been 2 yrs this month since my divorce.

I am 30 she is 29

married may 1999
she started having an Emotional affair with a man(who was married) at the health club summer of 2000 i found out Jan 2001. separated March 2001 she filled for divorce and we were divorced May 2001.
She dated the guy from the Gym for a while, then he dumped her and went back to his wife.

before the divorce she wanted to stay friends and i told her NO i dont want to talk to her or see her again.
even though i lived right down the road.
and all went well for the past 2 yrs.. not really any contact. I just moved out of state a few months ago.. and i called her to tell her goodbye.
We actually had a great phone converstation.. no fighting or blaming.. just saying Bye.

But now she is all i have been thinking about.
for the past 2 yrs i have not really "obsessed" this much about her, our past relationship, and the divorce.

I dont know what i can do to move on.
I was on anti-depressants for 2 yrs and my Dr. said i was doing better so he took me off of them.

But i think i need back on them.

F
F
I would just do like when you dated her. Just talk to her, if she is willing to talk on the phone. Like a dating scenario. If after awhile you feel like sending her a little gift, then do it. Just feel how things are. Also, you are out of state, is there an opportunity for you to get involved in a club or group in your area. Maybe there is someone else out there for you. Obviously, you both were not meeting each others needs. Also, if she is willing, you could each do the emotional needs list, and see where you two have been failing.

I would just take it a baby step at a time. No controlling, no woe is me. Move on, and if she is interested, then accept the interest. If she is just wanting to be friends, accept the fact, and move on.

You are both quite young, and have many many years to get your life together. Find a group and a church to attend. Being with God in your heart is what God wants.

I would leave it up to God. God will direct you in the path to take.

Take it slow, and don't pursue yet. Just look interested and see if she follows.

B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well i am more that sure she has moved on.Not only that but i really dont think i want her back. I am just hung up on the past.

I just want piece of mind for myself, and i dont know what is holding me up.
I feel like something is unfinished.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation