Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
My wife and i are splitting up and I really wonder if she's telling them the whole truth or her twisted version of it??
Along with her mental issues that were killing me and keeping the home in constant stress she was hiding important issues about her mentally ill son from me, i found out by taping the phone, I really liked her family and now i fear she's making me look really bad by not telling the truth about my decision, I think they have eyes and can read between the lines on some issues, but my wife was guarding lots of secrets about her and her son's mental status, and most of her family are in other states, she would kill her self to clean and put up a good front before they would visit, but the house never looked like they saw it, I want so bad to contact them and make my side known, but part of me says that looks tacky,but lots of stuff will never come out unless i spill the beans, SHE SAYS they all think i'm a jerk for digging so deep for the truth, but I tend to not buy that,I would think they all would have wanted the straight scoop from THEIR partners.....
Last year i had a long talk with her dad without her and i addressed several of my concerns about her mental status and her problems and he seemed to not want to get involved, I was really grabbing at straws asking him at all becaues i was out of solutions, If it were my kids I would have at least had to ask some questions, but he steered clear.
would you all attempt to contact her family or just leave it be and hope they somehow get the truth someday?? My daughter will someday be able to defend me but thats years away. any thoughts??

S
STP Offline
S
I would say they are not getting the whole story. That is the case with me and my X-Inlaws. They hate me, think I am a monster. Everyone she works with thinks I am a monster too. Someone asked me if that bothers me. I said no because if any of these people new me at all they would see that I'm not a monster but a really nice guy. You can not control anyones actions but your own so always try to do the right thing. At times it may be hard but you will benifit in the long run.

W
W
nah, of course not, the twisted version is her version of the truth. remember, everyone's truth is personal. . . and they all are different.

basically, its her relationship with her folks, they will believe what they want, just as we all do here, and in real life. So just protect yourself, and be respectable, and there may be a lightbulb that goes on sometime in the future. . .

wiftty

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation