Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
This is my first time to post a message here. I have been divorced since February. WH left when our little girl was only 4 months old for an older woman. He has been with her ever since the day he moved out of our home that we had recently built. People have told me that it is really common for men to have affairs during their wife's pregnancy. I am hoping that is not that common. Has this happened to anyone else? We had been married for 9 years and had waited to have a baby for a long time. None of it really makes sense but I have moved on and my little girl is such a blessing in my life. My ex seems to have walked out and moved on with no regrets or anything. How does someone do this with such ease and act like we were never married or anything? Any advice would be nice. Thanks!

F
fff Offline
F
You are better off w/o him. It hurts and you have a million questions, but go see a counselor. Think of it like this.... You may never know why, but you can get insight into the personality type and get your arms around the person you married. Also, your WH will wake up one day and want to be a part of his daughters life(this always happens) You must do what you need to do to protect yourself and your daaughter.

My WW is still in denial. I had a million questions and I went to a counselor and it helped a ton. I want the truth from my WW, but I may never get it. I am moving on with my life.

S
S
Laurensmom,

^^^^Bump ^^^^

Welcome to MB. Sorry to see you here but you've come to a good place. There are people here that have been in your situation and understand how you feel.

Sorry I don't have any advice for you but I'm sure some one will. Just give them time.

And don't worry about fff for now. He's in a lot of pain and is working on his own situation. He'll be better in time.

Bless you.

S&C

B
B
I saw the title of your thread and wanted you to know I've said those same words. I imagine almost everyone here has said them to. It doesn't make your life easier but you can be sure you are not alone in having those thoughts.

I don't know who took my x's other self away. But it left and, in all these years, it's never returned. Sometimes they come to their senses and sometimes they don't.

I wish I had more advice to offer. But I don't. I just wanted to let you know many others have those same thoughts.

L
L
Hi Laurensmom28,

Do you think your husband was jealous of the baby? I know it sounds so immature, but it happens. My husband was definitely jealous of the baby, our 1 yr old. He wasn't getting all the attention any more. For you, your husband had you 9 yrs all to himself. But what a cruel thing to do to you and that baby. It's been done to me too. And it double hurts because it's right when it should be one of the happiest times in your life. Men can be such babies, I'm serious!!!!!

Sent with Love, Ladysheep

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation