Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Hi everyone --<P>I am leaving my current company for a new job. I'm leaving so I don't have to face working in the same place as the OW every day. (whew!)<P>So as a consequence, I won't be posting as often as previously. My new position will be far busier than my current (previous?) one. Next week I'm taking some time off at home so I'll be posting all next week as well, but after that, not so much... This will be my last post at this company, while sitting in this cube, typing on this keyboard!<P>So anyway, wish me luck! I'm sorta bummed cuz I've been at this company for 9 1/2 years! sniff! <P>--andy

S
S
Good for you! Glad to hear the OW will be left behind. I'm sure your W is happy too.<P>Sorry, the new job will be busier - maybe that's a good thing.<P>Best wishes at your new position.<P>SHA<p>[This message has been edited by Sir Hurts Alot (edited September 03, 1999).]

L
L
Hey, Andy. I don't add much to your posts because I don't usually have a lot to say. But I read them always and I admire you for your effort and your honesty. I'm working (long distance) on a h with neither the effort or the honesty at this point. <P>Anyway, please keep posting. Best of luck in your new position. I've been learning a lot from you and understanding a lot more than I did before. Your insight, along with others, (yes, not all of us "betrayed" have it out for the "betrayers" - a lot of us actually respect you and the task you're undertaking) has been a blessing and helped me in understanding and comforting my h. <P>Keep on posting - I'll keep looking. Hoping for good progress for you and your marriage.<P>Lori

T
T
Andy, I will miss your frequent posts. I hope you do find some time to post once in a while.<BR>I think moving to a different job will really help your marriage. Being really busy in a smaller company will be inspiring and keep your mind on things other than OW.<P>TryingAgain

S
S
Good for you and congrats for making the right choice. I wish my husband would do the same thing.<P>Anyways...your new job will be wonderful because you will be blessed for doing the right thing.<P>Prayers going out to you and yours.<P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

C
C
Andy,<BR>I don't usually add much to your posts. I'm not feeling that I am very sucessful at this marriage thing. I have been following your post, though, and I do admire what you are doing.<BR>It takes a big person to quit a comfortable job, escpecially in your circumstance.<BR>I wish you the best of luck. I know that your wife will appreciate you efforts here.<BR>Good luck and let us know how you are doing.<P>Cheryl

N
N
Hey Andy - <P>You are brave and I envy you your strength! Did you really leave your job just to get away from the OW? It's so hard for me because we simply won't make it without my money, and it took me eight years to get this job. I honestly can't make it on less, even with my H pay. I think about it too... just to get away from the OM. Today was good for me because OM was out. I got a lot of work done, I can tell you that! My H agrees that I can't leave. I want to. All last week I thought of you actually doing what I want so desperately to do. We have three teens, college for one (and it's community college - cheap), car payments, hideous car insurance (you can imagine with 3 teens!), everything we couldn't do before because we never had the money - until now. I can understand how you feel ambivilent and nervous, and I know what you mean about sitting at the keyboard you've sat at for nine years. I just think you sound like such a level-headed person. Sometimes I think I will just take a chance and get outta there myself. Oh, to dream...<P>Best wishes at the new job... you are doing the RIGHT thing!<P>~Sheryl

A
OP Offline
A
Firstly, thanks to all for your kind wishes and prayers!<P>ceecee -- I've been keeping up with your story and I'm sorry for you. I wish your hubby would wake up to what he is doing. I know you're going through alot of pain. He sounds like he's being a real pain in the butt about your Plan B.<P>Sheryl -- me?!? level-headed?!? yeah SURE! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] After I got home from the last commute I'll ever have to make from the company I spent about a 1/4 of my life at, I bawled my eyes out. Yes, I left the company because of the OW, and yes I did the right thing, but it still feels crummy. But I'm feeling a little better now...<P>--andy (posting from home! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )

A
A
Andy,<P>You are doing the right thing for you and for your marriage. At least you have the courage to make the change. I wish you well and thanks alot for the advise.<P><BR>Anita<P>------------------<BR>

T
T
Way to go Andy!<P>This is really the right thing to do. Choosing the right thing is something that you can feel good about within yourself. <P>I wonder how many new doors will open for you because of the right choices you are making? I bet quite a few.<P>God Bless You and your new job, and your new life.<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation