Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#765776 02/20/04 11:48 AM
V
Vee Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I realize I haven't given the long version of how I got to be on this forum - but here's a quick rundown ...
My WH & I separated in '01. After he said he wanted to reconcile, we did, sought counseling , yadda, he continued his affair with the OW. I was pregnant with our 1st child - 1 month away from giving birth when I found out the OW was pregnant as well - she was due in April. Talk about bombshell. My H continued talk of reconcilliation and told everyone he wanted to be with his wife. During that time I decided to give my H 1 year to actually get on track or I was leaving the marriage for good.

I didn't tell my H I had a timeline, because I wanted all efforts to be his own. He was the master of faking good behavior in order to keep me around. In September, my H started with the persistent lying. Since I had a year in counseling at that point, I figured I wouldn't fight his actions & just focused more on myself. Jan 31st, I changed the locks & told my H I was filing for divorce. He couldn't let go of the OW and I was tired of the whole mess. My now STBXH is just what he is - a serial cheater.

I have now felt comfortable enough to share what is going on in my life. No longer ashamed as if I wear the Scarlet Letter. No longer depressed as if I could do nothing to save the person I - here is the biggie - ONCE LOVED. My love bank is bankrupt and it is time for me to go on with life and enjoy peace. I haven't had peace in so long, it is refreshing to go to home to a house filled with the sound of my own laughter & that of my daughter's. No tension - just easy peace. If I could keep my STBXH out of my dreams that would be even better!

Since I have now liberated myself - how many times must I hear "Are you ok?" I am NOT going to break down & cry folks. I am at peace with this decision. It is time for it. I could stay in a marriage where my spouse had no respect for me and continued to live a fantasy - or I can enjoy my life as it is now. Just little ole me. While I most certainly appreciate the support I get from others - it has been a very long road for me. One that has involved numerous doubts, 1 year of counseling, and long months of essentially being alone (since my H was continuing his behaviors), where I found joy with myself.

I guess to respond to my own question - I guess I just have to smile and say "I am REALLY ok!" I am ok - I am more than ok - I am fine. I shed no more tears - I just want the thing final already! While I most certainly understand for many people it is a very traumatic event, and I while I don't deny I have gad my share of them - I am a calculated individual. I have to make sure I am OK with any decision I make - and this time I am.

Here's to peace of mind and being OKAY!

#765777 02/20/04 11:58 AM
N
N
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> how many times must I hear "Are you ok?" I am NOT going to break down & cry folks. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My marriage ended quickly, so I showed the external signs of mourning/grief (damn I wish I could be at that weight again).
I know that some people mourn the loss of the marriage while they are in it. Therefore, their external grief may not be evident to others.
I suspect the second statement refers to you.
It takes outsiders longer to see it. They will see you are OK by your actions/reactions. They haven't lived what you have.
Consider yourself loved when people ask about you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation