Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#766376 02/27/04 11:04 AM
R
r & j Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just curious my WH has chosen OW and has sent me D papers. In LA there is a no-fault law. But I was wondering if I every fall in love again and wanted to marry would it be right in God's eyes since my D isn't based on adultry? I remember hearing someone talk about the bible stating if a H leaves for OW, the H should give the W a bill of divorce.

Has anyone every heard of this? I know God has a plan for me.
j

#766377 02/27/04 11:37 AM
R
R
r&j
This has been something terribly painful that I have had to struggle with as well. I wondered the same things about the future of my soul, seeking God's forgiveness, and living in faith and love. A while back I posted a thread called "God, divorce, and forgiveness". There were many excellent responses, but the most important to me have been the following:

1. Read the online book called "Down But Not Out" by Al Maxey. I'm still working on it, but it is an excellent analysis of Bible teachings on the topic of Dv.

2. I have completely turned my life over to God and have been doing a daily devotional to learn his purpose for my life.

This is a truly painful and confusing time. You will recover and flourish. God has used this time to completely restructure my life and bring me closer to him. I wish the same blessings on you as well.
Best wishes

#766378 02/27/04 12:34 PM
G
G
If your husband has another woman and you are not divorced--THAT IS ADULTRY!!! Let me know if I misunderstood.

#766379 02/27/04 12:57 PM
R
r & j Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yes my husband does have another woman and I know that is adultry. I may not be explaining my question correctly let me try again.

I want to know if down the road I fall in love again and decide to marry will I have God's blessing since my divorce is not based on adultry. We live in LA, a no-fault divorce law. I have heard people say that in the bible if a husband lies with another women he should give his wife a bill of divorce. Does that mean only if the husband gives the wife a bill of divorce based on adultry she can marry again in God's eyes? Does anyone know where that scripture might be in the bible?

I hope I explained better.
j

#766380 02/28/04 01:14 AM
M
M
Are you trying to say that because your divorce papers do not state cause "Adultery" that you will not be forgiven??? I live in a no-fault state though I had to file irretrievable breakdown because basically the court doesn't care who my ex slept with - but in my heart - I know that my divorce was because of adultery - I would say that it isn't your fault that you live in a no fault state - I mean if you lived in a state that you could claim adultery then you would have right??

#766381 02/27/04 02:44 PM
J
J
You have right to remarry in both God's eyes and in state's eyes.

No fault doesn't exist to God.

Fault is adultery.

You are told if an unbeliever lives you to go and live in peace. Plus God allows divorce in cases such as UNREPENTED adultery. I'd say this is unrepented.

#766382 02/28/04 10:44 AM
E
E
Check out Divorce Care in your area. It's inexpensive and puts you in touch with God's word and how *divorce* is viewed, based on scripture and guided discussions on many topics about divorce. People from all walks of life and all situations of divorce (who left whom, adultery etc.) participate. Divorce Care gave me the peace I was seeking with the very same question you are asking.

Most of all --- know that God forgives you.

#766383 02/28/04 02:50 PM
F
F
I'm an atheist, but I'm always intrigued by this question. I've discussed it with a Christian friend of mine before.

I think you may be reading too much into what the bible says and confusing it by what your state laws say.

It's a simple question really:

If you did remarry, could you stand before God and be comfortable with what you've done?

The bible seems to say that as long as you do not put away your spouse to be with another and your spouse puts you away to be with another, it's okay.

Two key criteria must be met:
1. Your spouse divorced you to be with another (you're in the clear on that one)
2. You did not try to get out of the marriage by sabotaging it or such to be with another. Ignore what your WS may say; they're in the fog and will try to blame you for everything to ease their guilt. You know if you intentionally tried to ruin your marriage and did nothing to save it.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/a/1077996424-666.html

I find Matthew 19:9 rather shocking.

#766384 03/01/04 10:56 AM
K
K
Hi R & J,

I don't know if this will help you or not.

Matthew 19:3-12 is where it states Divorce and Remarriage.

I too have read this many times, and it troubled me also.

Being the victim of my ExH and his lover, I don't feel that we are meant to be alone forever. I don't believe that we were created to be alone.

I know that I didn't want the divorce, but I had no choice given the fact that my ex was so in LOVE with OW, and had every intent on leaving our family.
He has taken on a new dad role with her child, and makes his own children feel they are not very important anymore, which is so sad.

I wish you happiness, and hope that you find your answer.

K.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation