Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7687 09/04/99 07:22 AM
L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I haven't been to bed. Couldn't stop crying long enough to sleep. I can't believe what he did last night. I can't believe what my baby girl did. And I can't believe what I did. When I talked w/ him at her house, I told him about all the lies I knew about and that I had forgiven every one. He told me no second chances, he had told everyone what it had been like for him for 10 years!! Just Tuesday, he was thinking about coming back. MIL said when she gave him my letter on Thursday, he grinned from ear to ear. Now I've blown it. I didn't yell, but I was brutally honest.<P>D and I will be ok - eventually. We've got a lot more talking to do. I didn't cancel her sleepover here tonite - I figure she could use a friend right now. I sure could. I do tell her that he loves her, that he's sick, that depression and emotional disorders are no different than any other illness, he can't help his words and his actions. He can't show her right now. It's not the same though, you know. She was little when Stewart left and he was mean as hell, so she was actually better once he was gone - her pediatrician called her a "changed child". But this one, she trusted, looked to for guidance, respected. And she's 15 now. This will be much harder for her.<P>I don't know what to expect when he comes. So far, throughout this whole ordeal, before and after he left, I have been supportive, understanding, ridiculously perfect. According to his family, it was working, too. He looked forward to hearing from me, to seeing me. Last night I wasn't. I never lost my temper, but I called a spade a spade. I pointed out what he had done, no sugar coating. I told him he was distorting our time together and telling people bad things about me and our marriage to justify his actions. I told him I was praying he'd find the man that he had always been so proud of. "What - and come home to you?" Really nasty. "I'd love more than anything to have you come home to me sothat we could find the future together we've always dreamed of, but I'd rather you find yourself and be a real man again, with or without me."<BR>He just got really quiet. Didn't say anything for a long time. I know he's still nervous and upset. Why was I so hard on him?<P>I told him I didn't contact him for me, but because his daughter needed him, needed his reassurance. And that the H I knew, the father I knew, would've dropped everything to be there for her - he always has. I told him I didn't understand how he could let her down, when she depended on him and trusted him so much, to sit there in that house with that child. He said he'd see me in the morning. <P>I don't know what I'll get this morning. If he even shows up, but he's got to get some job materials, so I'm betting he will. I'm pretty sure it won't be the warm and loving man that's been here the last couple of times. I hope I can handle this one better than last night.<P>And advice would be appreciated. I'm just drained.<P>Lori

#7688 09/04/99 07:55 AM
T
T
Oh, Lori, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I hope that you can catch up on some sleep today. You'll make it!<P>TryingAgain

#7689 09/04/99 07:57 AM
N
N
From the sound of it, I think you handled it really well. He must know that what he is doing is very wrong, and that not being there for your daughter is inexcusable.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation