Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#771409 05/20/04 09:51 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Maybe the title could be "THE NEVER ENDING STORY"
It hasn't got any easier.
I just came from my daughter's soccer practice, you see that is where my ex-wife picks her up from.
And she comes everytime with her boyfriend and I am faced with seeing this all the time, and it hasn't got any easier, she sits over there with him 20 ft away or so, she never talks to me and I am not allowed to talk to her. I have so much hurt I have been delt, I have so much hurt watching him there with her. Oh! I try not to look, but it is so obvious right there in front of me. Do I leave my daughter's practice? No, I won't do that, I won't be forced from that too.
You see I was forced from our home 15 months ago so she could continue the affair she was having with him, her co-worker. I'm sorry if this is the same old story....but it still hurts like it happened yesterday.
When I make the anology of the "THE COLD WAR", I am comparing as here we are these 2 countries (people), who have so much in common but won't speak to each other, they are enemies, no dialoge, they are just there.
The had so much in common, 2 children together, every adult memory up until 15 months ago, nearly 18 years together, but she treats me like a leper. Or maybe I'm just invisible.
I have to stay out of her space (legally), but there is so much I want to ask her and for her to tell me.
Was I that bad a person? When did you start hating me? Do you like living in a split-up family? Do you love him that much?
I'm sorry, but I have lost so much, I'm lonely
and when I look at her, I still see the love of my life....She was everything I ever wanted....
and I can never tell her that.
I have become an empty shell. I don't know if she takes pleasure in seeing that, I don't know if she feels anything towards me.

#771410 05/21/04 03:50 PM
S
STP Offline
S
It is tough. My x left me too. It is very painful, I understand. You have got to move on though. It is over with her. Do not let her take your duaghter from you, get some decent custody and get a hobby to make yourself happy. I did it and I'm am extremely happy now.

Peace

#771411 05/22/04 03:14 PM
L
L

<small>[ August 09, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: laura_lee ]</small>

#771412 05/22/04 03:16 PM
L
L

<small>[ August 09, 2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: laura_lee ]</small>

#771413 05/25/04 10:56 AM
S
STP Offline
S
Hey Rufus, have not heard back from you. Is everything OK?

As everyone has said, this isn't easy but you can overcome. The one thing I did forget is to pray. God will ease your pain if you ask him too. You realize that she loves to see you miserable so she is going to continue her behavior. the best defense is to get happy and make a great life for yourself. Also remember, that is your daughter too, make the best out of it when you are with her. Your daughter doesn't want to spend time with a broken man. She wants to see her dad happy and full of life.

Good Luck
Peace

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation