Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#773163 06/21/04 01:15 PM
S
STP Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I go to court Thursday. My x-wife wants to cut my custody down to every other weeknd, every other Wednesday. I currently enjoy 6 of 14 days. She has also requested psychiatric evaluations,,, again. The entire family had them in October of 2002. They found no reason for me to not have my children. She feels she is a better parent than me and wants me out of the picture as much as possible. Thursday it is all about the evaluations.

Thanks

#773164 06/21/04 04:40 PM
S
S
STP

I am sorry your wife is putting you through this. Trust in what you have been doing and know that the truth will come out. I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers. Trust in God that this will work out. You passed the initial evaluations and will do fine this time as well.

Take care and God bless!
K

#773165 06/22/04 09:35 AM
N
N
Unless you've committed some major faux pas, then she really has no grounds to change the agreement.
Trust in yourself and fight for your time with the kids.

You know from my posts that I don't trust my X with my children, but I do acknowledge that he is a much better father now than he ever was when we were married. Perhaps your X can't see that you are doing Ok with the kids.

My X will never be the father I want him to be, but I pray he is the best father he can be. Good Luck.

#773166 06/23/04 07:38 AM
S
STP Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The thing that bothers me the most is I can not be a normal parent. Everything I do is under a magnifying glass. I look at some dads in the grocery store and some of the ways they act to there kids and can only think, he is doing a horible job at being a dad but no one is trying to take his kids from him.

Isn't there a point when the court will not entertain her requests to change custody?

#773167 06/24/04 07:51 PM
S
S
How did things go STP? I've been thinking about you, but my computer is acting up so I couldn't respond earlier.

I really feel for you. My XH is trying to change custody for me as well and I too am tired of feeling like every move I make is being examined. All we can do is be the best parents possible for our children and hope that our X's stop the games.

Take care and God bless!
K

#773168 06/26/04 12:28 AM
S
STP Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The court determined that evals would be a waste of time and money. They strongly sugested that they not appeal the decsion so as to not waste the courts time any longer. They denied her request.

Life is good!

Peace

#773169 06/25/04 01:05 PM
N
N
See, the system worked this time, just as it will for SR.
Continue to be the best parent, and the best person that you can be - for yourself and for your children.

Congratulations.

#773170 06/25/04 04:17 PM
S
S
Way to go STP-

I am so happy to hear of your good news. I am hoping things will go as smoothly for me. Good parenting won out. Keep being a great dad!

Take care and God bless!
K

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation