Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
I heard this yesterday in part, and went looking for it online at FamilyLife.com

So here is a link to a WindowsMedia format broadcast:

Family Life Broadcast on Divorce / Divorce Care / Why God Hates Divorce

I took some notes on why God hates divorce and here they are in "raw" form, spelling mistakes and all.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Notes:
<strong>
Why God hates Divorce.

1. What it says about his character and his Glory. God loves his own glory. We were put on earth

to Glorify God. Marriage is a picture of Christ and the Church and Christ will never leave or

forsake us. The gospel is the story of how the relatinship between God and his bride is broken.

God will do anything, including sacrificing his son. God will do whatever it takes to reconcile a

relationship with his bride.

2. Because he loves you. He knows the long term damage D will have on your life. He knows the

pain and the bitterness because of D. What about the pain now? God cares deeply about that. Maybe

the conflict right now is to face issues in your heart. Some think they will stop the pain by

D'ing. However, you still have the disease, you have not solved those issues. Second and third

marriages are even worse. Trying to fix the other person or finding the right person is not is.

You have to fix your own issues. Show ME what I have to change.

3. Because he loves your children. Some say it's better to show them happy parents. Parents

should fix the problems in the marriage, not run from them.

4. Because he loves his church. People go from being ministers to needing ministry. Half of the

energy of many churches is dealing with divorce. We are too wounded to reach the lost and to

minister others. Divorce is poison to the church.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hope this helps someone.

Tony

S
S
Awesome--thankyou so much for taking the time to share that, and posting! A kind high thought. I read and smiled, totally touched my soul very deeply.

I was so inspired and apprecative I then promptly reached out in return telephoned my friend, who is going through a terrible time, seperation, at divorce cruicable and read it to her. (As she has no internet)

The words touched and warmed her soul. Thank you for making for putting the day into perspective.

Very true, the interior world of the church is such terribly, terribly wounded state, and so much where the engery spills off, to wounded bleeding sheep of the cross, strewn,all over the place.

Wish we could just collect all the wounded and casulities to MB hospital. We must pray for more strecther bearers, more teaching, support for marriages from God perspective, and allow him to express Himself in his own churches on the subject.

Things really get twisted when we think we know more about love, marriage than God. Maybe, that's why, where, how, because things fall apart.

Education, prevention, the way I see is well half the problem solved already.

Thank you, again for making a good difference. I am sure many to come will benefit from your thoughtful efforts.

Rite on Dude....

L
L
Thank you, I needed this.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation