Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I am writing to ask a question of all you wise people. I have a very close friend who has been dating a guy for 17 months. He told her that he bought her a ring before Christmas, but he has still not given it to her. They both say they want to be married to each other, but he keeps dragging his feet about being engaged. She's tired of waiting around, but she doesn't want to lose the one man she loves.<p>Help. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
Men for some reason drag their feet when it comes to proposing and getting married. They are scared and withdraw from you, but yet they don't want to lose their mate. Putting pressure on the person can push them further away. Me and my H went through this about 3 times. When I had had enough, I prepared to move. I looked for another place and was serious about being just friends from that moment on. Why should ones life be put on hold to wait for someone who isn't ready for the next step? It doesn't work for everyone, but we got married 3 months later. He is happy that we married. But the man has to know that he just can't keep test driving the car. Either he buys it or leaves it alone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 479 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation