Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77549 05/23/02 01:15 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have a problem and I hope someone, anyone can help. For quite some time now, I've been having dreams that my wife is cheating on me. Sometimes I catch her in the act. Other times I just feel emotionally rejected. <p>Now I know this is not Ms. Cleo's psychic hotline. But I was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and can share some insight. <p>When I wake up, I'm tremendously sad. I know it's just a dream, but it seems so real. My wife and I have a great relationship. We have two terrific children. We communicate well. We click in bed. She is everything I always dreamed of in a wife and mother. <p>What possible reason could there be for having these terrible dreams? Every couple of nights. Different every time. No specific OM. Never a friend or family member. I wake up shaking and she comforts me. I know she loves me. <p>I'm to the point that I don't want to go to sleep. What is wrong with me? My life is great during the day. But when I close my eyes...

#77550 05/23/02 06:17 AM
F
F
I've dreamed that Mel Gibson was in love with me...doesn't mean it's gonna happen...although it's HIS loss. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Man, I don't know what dreams mean! If I did, I'd stop *myself* from having dreams that h is cheating on me. Yeah, I have them sometimes, too. Maybe the reason you keep having them is that the first one set off a switch about it in your head. Or maybe you better give up the chili dogs before bed. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Often I dream that I go on a trip and can't get back to my job and get fired. Dreams are just weird, plain and simple.<p>Unless there are other signs that something is going on, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

#77551 05/23/02 07:44 AM
A
A
I won't say that maybe she is, but sometimes your subconscious speaks to you in dreams what you don't realize during the day. What I mean is...I dreamed of sleeping with this man I hated for 4 years. We dealt with each other, but I couldn't understand why I kept having this reoccuring dream. Well...eventually we became close friends and I do admit that now I feel attracted to him, which I never felt before. I don't want to sleep with him though. I am married and my H is his best friend. My husband knows of these dreams and feels comfortable with us being in each others presence. Well...my husband trust me, and I won't think of hurting him. Still I don't know what it means and several years have gone past. But don't let it consume you. Just my 2cents.

#77552 05/26/02 12:32 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Although I DO believe that our subconscious minds pick up on things that we might otherwise miss, I don't think there is anything going on here. Logistically, our lives are too busy to fit anyone else in. I know that sounds naive. But we talk via cell phones several times a day. And we know what each other is doing at any given time. I know, I know... just when you rest on your laurels, the sky falls down. <p>I think the root cause of these dreams stems from my own insecurities. I often question whether I'm doing enough as a husband and father to make her happy. I've always been very critical of myself. And maybe subconsciously, I don't think I am the man she needs me to be. <p>But I'm gonna work on that though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks again for the help.

#77553 05/26/02 01:54 PM
H
H
I don't believe that dreams have any significance, but if you're always worried about it, then you will probably end up dreaming about it. Good luck and try having sweet dreams. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

#77554 05/30/02 10:15 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Well, it's been a week since I posted my problem. And I'm reservedly happy to report that I haven't had any of those dreams since. <p>I appreciate the different points of view. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that the streak continues.<p>Thanx for being there. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

#77555 06/01/02 07:54 AM
B
B
Magnum,<p>I echo both points of view above.<p>Could be a subconscious "inkling"/suspicion of an A working its way to your conscious mind. I was totally clueless during my H's affair, yet I developed this overwhelming DREAD about losing him. I even went so far as to say to him at one point, "Please promise me that I will never lose you to anything other than death." (Oh my, if I had only listened a bit closer to my own words! The real concern was right there coming out of my own mouth, except it was so cloaked that I remained clueless.)<p>From what you have described of your relationship, though, it sounds to me like the dreams were probably nothing more than your own fear of losing someone you love.<p>Have you mentioned the dreams to her? Might be a good way to open up discussion regarding anything she feels would enhance the marriage. You said you question whether you are doing enough & are the man she needs you to be. Why not see what she has to say about both?<p>Good Luck & Happy Dreams to come.<p>~bliss~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 137 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation