Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#777304 09/15/04 12:11 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I'm getting a divorce and am firmly committed to it. I tried the plans A/B. My wife cheated on me, and she rejected the plans, and now she wants to continue to live as is....for me...no way...I'm pressing for a divorce....now....

Got a couple of winks on match.com with a response even as I listed as seperated...I hope to meet them.....

There is life after divorce....????????

#777305 09/15/04 01:02 AM
H
H
Dear Shock! Very sorry to hear this. I'm on the same path, cept my Legal D is long since final & I'm now pursuing the Emotional Divorce.

Please take it from one who's just ahead of you in the rough surf of post D waters. Be careful about other relationships too soon.

Get a sound Emotional D first. Read up on this. Be entirely open to what God wants you to do & be at this point, for there is "stuff" in your life He wants to change now too.

My best to you,
High Flight

#777306 09/15/04 08:37 AM
T
T
Be careful in jumping into the relationship pool before you have a chance to heal emotionally. It is very easy to fall into another relationship when you are hurting and make a mistake for which you'll regret later on. Many BS like us have found themselves attracted to people that are very similar to our X's but don't realize this until it is too late. So be careful and don't ignore or justify any red flags you see with any of the women that you date.

#777307 09/16/04 07:41 AM
E
E
From what I hear... be single one year for every 4 years of marriage. That means from the date of the divorce on paper.

Trust me...no matter how *ready* you think you are, add on at least a year to get to really know YOURSELF before jumping in the pool again!

#777308 09/17/04 11:06 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Elan, I agree.

No reason to rush into a relationship, I just want to me some women as friends.

Thanks....

#777309 09/18/04 01:09 AM
K
K
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by shocktreatment:
<strong> I'm getting a divorce and am firmly committed to it. I tried the plans A/B. My wife cheated on me, and she rejected the plans, and now she wants to continue to live as is....for me...no way...I'm pressing for a divorce....now....

Got a couple of winks on match.com with a response even as I listed as seperated...I hope to meet them.....

There is life after divorce....???????? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

#777310 09/18/04 01:10 AM
K
K
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Kety:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by shocktreatment:
<strong> I'm getting a divorce and am firmly committed to it. I tried the plans A/B. My wife cheated on me, and she rejected the plans, and now she wants to continue to live as is....for me...no way...I'm pressing for a divorce....now....

There is life after divorce....???????? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

#777311 09/18/04 01:16 AM
K
K
Okay, so I am new to this, and obviously not figuring it out well. I am just divorced after a 28 year marriage, my ex had an affair and never gave up the other woman. what an experience, such a roller coaster of emotions.

I too signed up on a couple of dating websites-I think to see if I was totally out of it or if anyone would be interested in me. I have read many books that say wait, and my support group leader says wait to date, but I think if you're careful, it can be okay. Just don't plan to make any big decisions about the future for some time to come. The emotions, and the changes in your life take time to figure out (which I hate), but God is there and faithful and has supported me so much during the year process my divorce has taken,and I trust he will do the same for you. Good luck.

#777312 09/20/04 11:46 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Ketty,

How is it going. So far, I haven't gone out on a date on match.com, although, I have had a few emails in reply. I'm responding as I can with honesty. I'm listed as separated, I think that has scared some off even as I winked at them, but I've posted honestly in that regard. Mostly, everyone my age on that site is divorced, and for some time too. Many seem to have waited for some time after divorce to pursue new interests.

My divorce is moving slowly, but still forward, at a pace comfortable to both of us.

#777313 09/21/04 02:40 PM
I
I
Boy - you guys seem so positive about dating and hopeful of finding someone else to share time with and enjoy.

I firmly believe I will NEVER find anyone - I think I'll be alone for the rest of my life. I just have this gut feeling that I'll never find someone that I love as much as my WH..Someone that wants me for me, a relationship that isn't based on lies and A's. A relationship that isn't all about what I can do, give, etc. and get only material objects in return.

It's not that I haven't taken care of myself or that I don't have anything to offer I DO - I just don't have any faith that it will happen for me again..at this point I don't even want to think about having to look for someone else..

Glad you guys are open to trust and faith again..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation