Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shaila Offline OP
OP Offline
S
First of all, let me say thank you to those of you who responded to my questions several weeks ago. You really helped me to have a new appreciation for my marriage. After reading some of the posts on this website, my problems seem so small. I have been concentrating more lately on meeting my H needs rather than waiting for him to meet mine first. I use to feel resentful because so many of my needs were neglected. I now realize that, because of that resentment, I went a very long time without meeting many of his. A couple of weeks ago, I bought him a card and wrote a letter to put inside. I didn't critisize him, but rather told him how much I loved him and wanted to feel closer to him. I also appoligized for neglecting some of his needs and promised to try harder. Since then, we've both been investing more time in each other and our relationship has greatly improved.<p>Now, I need advice on another issue. My husband works with his brother and Dad. They are private contractors for a big window company. As I've said before, he is also the Music Minister at our church. We are used to being full time in the ministry, but the church that we go to now can not afford that at the time. They pay enough to cover most of our rent. I do nearly EVERYTHING at home and depend on him to bring in the money. It is very important to BOTH OF US that I stay home. Problem is, it's not coming in right now. Business is slow and I don't even think he is getting what is owed to him. He has had a lot of time off which he could be using to find a better job and one with insurance. We really need the insurance with two small children. I understand that working for family is most convenient. But these measly pay checks aren't making ends meet or putting food on the table. My husband does acknowledge this but isn't taking action. Every time I bring up the subject, he isn't in the mood to talk about it. He is extremely talented in many areas and I know he could find something easily. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

N
N
Have you discussed the concepts on this site with him? Can you get him to answer the questionnaires, especially the financial support issues? It may be a good starting point for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (still seeking, 1 invisible), 79 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation