Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#778411 10/21/04 12:21 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hello all, for those of you who are familiar with my story, you know that my WW and I are in the middle of a child custody dispute and have been going thru the evaluation process. We just got the evaluation report back yesterday and it was in favor of WW getting full physical custody of the kids. I am devastated and don't know what to do from here. If she gets custody... my relationship with the kids will be all but destroyed. This is evidenced by her actions over the last year. My attorney has all but given up on my case. I just don't know what to do...

#778412 10/21/04 12:40 AM
A
A
I'm sorry you're going through this.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> WMWB said: My attorney has all but given up on my case </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you are sensing that your attorney, whose services you are paying for, is not performing up to your standards, then by all means find another one. Even within the specialty of family/domestic law, some specialize in child custody disputes. I'm not familiar with your story, but unless there are some really good reasons why YOU would be unfit, you should look into having someone else represent you.

Even if she does get full custody, it's quite possible that you can maintain your relationship with the kids if you make a more focused, concerted effort. Are y'all located in the same town? There are some posters here who have positive stories about this, hopefully they'll respond soon.

#778413 10/20/04 01:26 PM
D
D
WMWB???,
Long time no see. Sorry to hear things aren't going well. I have to agree w/ avondale25. If you aren't happy with your attorney's performance, replace him. I started having doubts about mine about 6 weeks before the Dv hearing but decided not to switch horses mid stream. I know now that he sold me out and I have been kicking myelf for not switching. If I had it to do over again I would hire the most evil attorney I could find. You are in a war and you want one that takes no prisoners. Been staying out of jail?

#778414 10/20/04 01:47 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I have been getting refferals all day long for the best custody attorney I can find. I have an appointment with my current one tomorrow morning and will be making phone calls to the other ones after that.

I just feel so helpless... I don't know what too here. Jeff, what is your custody situation? Does she have full custody?

#778415 10/21/04 04:46 PM
D
D
WMWB???,
Yep, sure does. My youngest sat in his mothers lap in the ad litem's office and told the ad litem he wants to live with me. My oldest took the stand and told the judge that he wants to live with me. The ad litem reccomended that because WxW stayed home with them the first 4 years (while I worked my a$$ off so she could) that WxW should get custody, the judge agreed. I got every other weekend and I get holidays this year. The way Labor Day fell, I had them 3 weekends in a row. Same thing is going to happen Thanksgiving. AND
We're going back to court. WxW has filed a contempt of court citation against me for:
1.) Badgering the kids and harassing and annoying her trying to cause her to lose her job.
2.) Calling the kids after 8:00 at night. This one is so horrible that it got its own paragraph. WxW will have them out til 9:00 or later on a school night but 8:15 is too late for me to call.
I have told her that I answer the kids honestly when they ask questions, taking their ages into consideration. I don't know what the badgering is. I don't have a clue what the harassing and annoying trying to to cause her to lose her job is about. Since our Dv was final Aug. 2nd,I think I called her office once and that was to check on the status of a sick kid and I don't remember for sure if I called her office or her cell phone. I haven't been to her office since probably May, definately before the Dv was final. Anyway, I have a new attorney that is supposed to be a ball of fire and I'm anxious to see her in action. Even after its over, it ain't over.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation