Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#779648 11/20/04 12:08 AM
M
OP Offline
M
My wife filled for divorce she has a boy friend
when should I start dating

#779649 11/20/04 12:27 AM
W
W
When do you want to

#779650 11/20/04 03:41 AM
L
L
My two cents....not until your divorce is final.

LL

#779651 11/20/04 12:01 PM
C
C
Are you in a hurry to date?

That kind of question is the same as, “I just bought a car. When should I start replacing everything?”

#779652 11/20/04 04:26 PM
T
T
Don't follow her bad example. Even if the two of you were not married, it is still a bad idea jumping from one relationship to another without having some time inbetween to emotionally heal and learn what cause the disintegration of the relationship so that it won't happen again in the next one.

As far as your case is concerned, are you going to be totally honest and upfront with the woman you want to date that you are still married? or are you going to lie to her?. If you do decide tell her that you are still married, and she agrees to go out with you, what kind of woman dates a married man? I beleive answering these rhetorical questions is something that is in your best interests.

#779653 11/22/04 02:07 PM
W
W
Definately wait at least until your divorce is final. You've just begun and there is a long road ahead. I unfortunately started dating about a month after my divorce was final. A woman asked me out and I thought why not. Problem was I was overwhelmed by feelings I hadn't had in a long time and got wrapped up in it all. All it really did was delay the healing I had to go through. I finally ended it and am now going through the process of gettingover the divorce. I think you will find you need the time alone for a while. You won't be doing anyone any good by putting yourself in another relationship right away.

#779654 11/22/04 03:01 PM
R
R
While I do suggest that you not get into another relationship for awhile (out of consideration both for yourself and for the women you date), there is nothing wrong with going on casual dates as soon as you feel ready. One of the components of your recovery is rebuilding your self-esteem and your faith in yourself. Doing things that demonstrate to yourself that you're attractive to members of the opposite sex can help with that. Besides which, it's also good to get out and meet people, at least to take your mind off things.

If you're asked about your status, be honest. If the woman in question is concerned about your status, she'll let you know. Don't take it personally if she does... everybody has the right to safeguard their own feelings.

#779655 11/23/04 09:45 AM
N
N
Go ahead and date if you have the urge. Just because you are dating, doesn't mean that you have to jump into a relationship. See different people, have drinks, go out dancing, see what's out there. Just have fun with other people and enjoy life on that level.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 139 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation