Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I emailed my ex after our phone conversation last week and again told him he needed to set up supervised visitation so he can give the kids his Christmas presents. Here's the reply I got: (edited to remove names)
-----------------------------------

So by ignoring me you've decided to negate the kids' happy Christmas and not respond. You've pulled the rug out from under us before so why am I not surprised? And to think, we were getting along so well until (my new husband) stuck his 2 cents in. It doesn't make sense that you are more concerned with the kids happiness than you are with your own comfortableness. When you were out here and the kids and I were getting together for the past 5 months or better and now you are stubborn enough to let something as little as this bump in the road to deny them the benefit of seeing thier Dad and getting thier Christmas presents. You know for someone who calls herself a Christian you sure are circumnavigating a lot of scripture. I can't figure out how you justified this situation to your family (especially (my brother)) and to others and yourself before GOD unless you are purposely slandering me and using a portion of the truth within a great big lie! I have told you before that anyone can and will justify anything if they have a enough motivation. You certainly have that. What I can't believe is everyones belief that you're telling the truth when they only hear one side. You're not being fair to me or the kids and I will let that rest on your shoulders for now. I remain the father of your children REGARDLESS of what you say, "I tell the kids that you are thier dad and always will be thier only dad (my new husband) doesn't replace you etc... " Well, GOD is GOD REGARDLESS of your acknowledgment or denial. Facts is facts. I remain truthfully,

------------------------------------

This is such a total rewriting of history, I"m at a loss for even what to say. I didn't even try, just emailed him back and said he could drop off the presents at my work if he wanted too, and reminded him that his attorney could probably help him find someone to supervise visits. What else can I do?

E
E
I just found your latest post. Your ex sound just like my future ex. I am a Christian too. He says the same kind of things. My husband is a typical PK. Don't they like to twist that scripture and try to make you feel guilty. How are your kids doing? How do they feel about their dad? I think mine are smarter than I give them credit for.

B
B
He is the worst kind of creep. One who calls himself a Christian.

Your only mistakes were falling for him and his lies, marrying him, creating children with him, staying with him for all those years and "believing his words instead of really waking up and seeing his actions", and recently allowing non-supervised visits. Don't ever do that again. PLEASE!

Be strong and read between the lines here. He is trying his best to manipulate you. Don't let him move you in any way from following the court orders.

<small>[ December 27, 2004, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: baba2 ]</small>

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks BAba, I'm not going to let him sway me. But today he added another wrinkle....called the kids just before I got home from work. When I asked, none of the kids could remember what he talked to them about; but all 3 said "dad wants to know when we can get together for Christmas". I told them I had already told him he needed to set up a supervised visit. I guess he told the kids that too, and said it was "stupid". So... do I refuse to even let him talk to them on the phone? How do I explain to the kids they can't talke to him if he calls? I'm not even sure what the proper procedure is here; the decree says no unsupervised visits....but nothing about phone calls or letters.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation