Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Well, WH broke the news to me today (via e-mail, of course) that he contacted his attorney to begin the divorce paperwork. I'm not too stunned by the news, at least I shouldn't be. The marriage was clearly over in his mind -- he's still with OW and he's moving 5 states away tomorrow. Guess I still thought, maybe, just maybe, he'd come to his senses and at least explore the possibility of us fixing our marriage.

So, its the end of an era. I'm sad. I'd appreciate some prayers for strength to get through the next months that I know will be difficult. I loved him the best way I knew but seems he needed more.

L
L
(((((SP))))))

You will be sad. You will probably go through a lot of feelings. I still am.

And no one really knows what the future holds.

But you did what you could, and in the end, it was him who made the decision to file, not you.

Take heart in that.

LL

J
J
Many blessings to you and I pray you are going to have peace. You deserve it.

You will imho...and from my experience...feel this shock for a while, then you'll be amazed by the feelings of Peace God will give you. You did. YOu fought a great fight. And remember..you're not alone. God's here. We're here. And it's not over until our Creator says it is. There will be a time for mourning. It may be short, it may be longer. But you will get through this. What I loved about the MB approach is that not only was I learning better tools on how to relate to the opposite sex, but it helped me become a better person. Even if you're in plan B, you still work on you. You also have time to learn to refocus.

Right now, you're hurting and reasonably so. In time it gets manageable. There will be one day you'll wake up and feel great. And yes, you should feel good about you and the choice you made to stand for your family and do all you could do. Many (((((hugs))))) to you.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you both! I'm leaning on God and praying for the strength I need to get through this -- trying to just take it a day at a time. I've got great friends and family to help me through as well.

I do take solace in knowing I did all I could and was ready to fight for my marriage. He just never gave us the chance. I look forward to the day when I feel peace with all this and can truly move forward. I've been focusing on healing myself and staying busy. God apparently has other plans for me -- I look forward to finding out what those are.

S
S
I got lots to say here, but let me just say one thing.

One day I woke up and i was not afraid. One day I woke andI had a bf. and yes one day i woke up and I was so proud of myself.

My counsolor says it is all ups and downs. My downs come from him, his choices in the divorce. every lie I expose brings a fresh bout of "what an idiot I was"

But then again mine was full of that yours might not be.

L
L
Still Processing-
Best of luck. I call it a Cha-Cha... I seem to take two steps forward, a step back, two steps forward, a step back... divorce cha-cha.
So put on some tight pants, strappy sandles, and bright lipstick... "those who can talk can sing, those who can walk, can dance" (African Proverb)

Stone cold-- I'm with you on waking up to realize yo'ur proud of yourself.

Lucy

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Lucy -- i'll have to break out those strappy sandles -- cha cha is right -- today would've been one of those back stepping days -- went to our house to get it ready for settlement -- my STBX left me all sorts of things to deal with -- pictures of us, of me that he's had forever, a bible my now deceased mother had given him -- he's a lovely fella i must say.

I look forward to the day stone cold speaks of!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation