Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#787355 07/02/00 10:21 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
At 2 [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]o on Friday the police called me and said my 14 yearold son had been in an accident and had been taken to the hospital. When I rushed there I was presented with the most frightening scene. He was in the acute trauma room being treated for a head injury. His face looked like shredded wheat. He was tied to a backboard, was imobilized with a neck brace on and because of the head injury was irrational and hysterical. Nothing a mother ever wants to see. The out come is he has a major concussion but things could have been much worse. My husband rushed to the hospital when I called him. My sister and brother took care of my other kids and I spent the night at the hospital with my son.He was released later that day. That day my husband went to work and my sister kept the kids. I can't believe how resentful I feel that he is going to work (with the other woman) during all of this. I know it is the busy season but when his mother was sick in Fla. over Memorial day he flew down and stayed weeks to help her recuperate. Granted he just did that and can't take off again but I am having trouble not lovebusting over this one. Last night we had to wake my son every 2 hours. He offered to do that because I looked so tired from spending the night in the hospital so even though we did take turns I should appreciate that. I just feel like how much should one person have to bear after a while. Well, I guess I am venting. My son who was adopted from Korea and is very self-conscious about his "differentness" is now very depressed because his face looks like one big scab. I tell him we'll get plastic surgery or whatever but I wish my husband was here to help more. My parents are taking the rest of my kids out to their beach house so I can take care of my son. He can't move really for the next 72 hours. I am so glad I found this board so I can vent here and not to him. I think now that I really do feel like there is a possibility that we will stay together my anger is beginning to surface. I know that's what counseling is for but this board helps too. However, what I really thank God for today is that it could have been much worse and my son is ok. That is the blessing I have to focus on. Positive thinking right?

#787356 07/02/00 11:23 AM
C
C
QM:<P>Your son survived and is alive. I am so happy for you and your husband.<P>You son and you and your family are in my prayers.<P>Catnip =^^=

#787357 07/02/00 05:11 PM
L
L
Thank God your son is going to be alright. Just put your energy on your son's recuperation. Right now you are very emotional with the accident and all, so everything is that much more sensitive. Yup positive thinking....your son is ok! Take care and you and your family are in my prayers.

#787358 07/02/00 06:39 PM
P
P
My prayers are with you and your family. Please focus on what is really important, your son's recovery, and leave the rest of the drama in the background of your life.

#787359 07/02/00 11:11 PM
B
B
Thank God, your son is going to be fine. I know that more trauma adds to the other life trauma. But like everyone has said try to concentrate on your son, he is going to need you to help in his recovery. Your in my prayers.<P>babstr.

#787360 07/03/00 01:31 AM
J
J
QM,<BR>Thank goodness your son will survive! I'm praying with you(positive visualization!) that he will soon look his handsome self. (I find the adoption part interesting as we are considering foreign adoption, possibly China; would love to chat).<P>I hope you can voice your honest concerns with your H at the next appropriate time. It is still his job to reassure you(and your son) of his love during the rocky road of recovery. You're a good momma...<P>Best wishes!<BR>Jenny

#787361 07/03/00 01:41 AM
H
H
quakermom321,<P>glad that your son is okay. your family is in my prayers. just wanted you to know we are here for you.<BR><P>------------------<BR>happy_girl

#787362 07/03/00 08:42 AM
F
F
Youre son is okay!<BR>Great that is what you should be thinking! I agree with all of you.<BR>There is also something that I have learned and that is that when you are tired, very tired and your adrenaline has been fired up by another situation like your sons accident we tend to think the wrong way and we get very emotional, but that is because you were tired, worried and your emotions were all mixed up. Hang in there you are very lucky that your son is okay.

#787363 07/03/00 08:48 AM
A
A
quakermom,<BR>I'm thankful to hear that your son is okay. You are in my thoughts.<P>Take care,<BR>Audrey

#787364 07/03/00 10:49 AM
T
T
I am so sorry for all the things coming your way. I cannot imagine the fear that happens when you get a call like that. Thank God he is ok. <P>Vent here all you want. It is a safe place to do it. It is hard to stay focused on positive things & no LB when you are physically exhausted. Try to rest as much as possible. <P>Carolyn

#787365 07/04/00 12:30 AM
I
I
Just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers.<P>A minister once did a sermon on storms in your life. One thing he said that made sense to me and hopefully to you was this.<BR>"When we have storms/troubles in our life, we should not ask that they be taken away, but ask for the strenght to endure the storms. God Bless and keep you and you family.<P>ITS

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 301 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation