Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#789005 09/24/00 12:09 AM
F
fluke Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi Petite<P>Just got a chance to check in. I hope you<BR>are doing well. Please write when you have<BR>a chance. How are your children and husband?<BR>I hope your computer stops giving you trouble<BR>Mine acts up sometimes too. I'm fairly new to<BR>the internet. It's incredible how we can <BR>communicate around the world with friends in<BR>similar situations. I hope you can read all<BR>the great info on this site. Ive printed out<BR>most of Dr Harley's stuff for my H to read.<BR>Counseling is hard to do right now w/babies<BR>and his work schedule so I am going thru <BR>things here and also books. <P>Its gloomy here today which always makes me<BR>feel blue. I hope the sun is shining where<BR>you live! Take good care and keep in touch...

#789006 09/25/00 02:32 PM
P
P
Fluke, Sorry I haven't been on all weekend. I read a great book shortly after d-day. It's called After the Affair. It was extremely helpful. It probably would have been even more helpful if my h read it too. As a matter of fact I just got it again for him to read. He refuses to read anything about affairs or emotions. I'm still working on that. We have a counseling session this week , I might bring the book and see if the counselor can get him to read it. It's by janice abrahams spring. Get it at the Library. Also Peggy Vaughn has a website called Dearpeggy.com , try that It was a big help for me. Thanks for writing and keep up the positive work. P.s. my h gave me the 2 pics he has of the 0C so that I could cut them up. I guess that was a positive move, since he swears he's just going to forget it and move on. Have a good day. I'm so glad fall is here.

#789007 09/26/00 07:40 AM
F
fluke Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi Petite<BR>Its good to hear from you. You wont believe<BR>that I had alomst finished typing a long <BR>piece to you when my D pressed the esc button<BR>and erased (Iguess) the whole thing.<BR>Thanks for the new info to try. <BR>Good luck with your session!!!<BR>My H isnt a big reader either. Hes okay on<BR>expressing feelings, but when I want to talk<BR>about whats going on he gets uncomfortable.<BR>I got him a small book called Children Learn<BR>What They Live. Im sure youve heard of the<BR>poem? Hes reading it, I need to read it again<BR>The kids are crying, got to go. Take Care!

#789008 09/28/00 06:12 PM
P
P
fluke, Yes I have heard of that poem. I have it on a plaque in my classroom. I teach 2nd gr. It's funny cuz the counselor was trying to explain to my husband about where he got his emotions from and he asked if he ever heard that expression. I have never read the book though. I am feeling more positive about things since Sat. Our counselor gave us some communication exercises to do. Well gotta go correct papers. Hope things are well with you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation