Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
. <P> Jackson, a Baptist minister and one-time aide to Martin Luther King Jr., issued a statement admitting that he fathered the child, now 20 months old, and has provided "emotional and financial support'' since her birth. "As her mother does, I love this child very much,'' he said. <P> "I was born of these circumstances, and I know the importance of growing up in a nurturing, supportive and protected environment,'' Jackson said. "So I am determined to give my daughter and her mother the privacy they both deserve.'' <P> Jackson did not say why he issued the statement. His New York-based spokesman, John Scanlon, said later that Jackson acted to get out in front of anticipated tabloid reports about the child, who Scanlon said was the result of an affair Jackson had with a woman who worked in the Washington office of Jackson's advocacy group, the Rainbow-PUSH Coalition. <P> "He's obviously concerned for his family, for his child and the child's mother,'' Scanlon said. <P> "This is no time for evasions, denials or alibis,'' Jackson's statement said. "No doubt, many close friends and supporters will be disappointed in me. I ask for their forgiveness, understanding and prayers.'' <P> Jackson was a steadfast presence at President Clinton's side as the president struggled with the public revelation of his affair with Monica Lewinsky and the impeachment proceedings that followed. It was Jackson who went to the White House to pray with Clinton's family on a grim weekend in August 1998, as Clinton admitted the truth to his wife and daughter and, in a nationally televised speech, to the nation. <P> Last August, Clinton awarded Jackson the Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor. At that time, Jackson lavished praise on his wife, Jackie, and his five children for supporting him in his long civil rights career. <P> Jackson said his family was aware of the situation with the child and was experiencing "an extremely painful, trying and difficult time.'' <P> "I have asked God and each one of them to forgive me, and I thank each of them for their grace and understanding throughout this period of tribulation,'' Jackson said. "We have prayed together, and through God's grace we have been reconciling.'' <P> Ugh!!! It'll be in the news all day!<BR> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

B
B
Could I just throw up. I get so sick of Jackson anyway, now I have to hear this today, what a load of crap. He seems to always be on tv anyway, now this. <P>Of course now we will hear all day how he is supporting this child, and how important it is to be there for the child. Well I hate to say it. But he is not the type of person where this could stay a secret. I mean he is always in the center stage. So it isn't quite the same, he would get alot of crap if he didn't say he was supporting his child emotionally and financially. <P>But with his big mouth saying it all day, that won't help our cause. To get the word out, that our families suffer and that the OW chooses this life. Once again he will show how this woman is a saint, and it was only him who committed this act. Because afterall we have to protect the OW and oc. How upsetting. So he will show the world how he (the man) is evil, and how he should take the heat. Of course I am sure we won't see an interview with his family, if we do, it will be with him right there pleading for forgiveness. How pathetic that this man who claims to know everything, in every situation, still couldn't keep his marriage vows. How sad that some OW, working for his worthy cause slept with a well known, rich, religious man. Like all of you I wonder how the relationship played out, and for how long did it go on. <P>Sorry I am on a soap box, I will get off. I lived in Illinois when Jackson was there for a school problem, and he just kept making it worse. Sometimes, I get really sick of hearing him every time there is news crew around. So this is just the icing on the cake. Sorry hope I didn't offend anyone. <P>babstr.

F
F
Girls I saw it this morning also your thoughts are mine also. babstr your reading my mind just what we need. What a fine example this men show ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.<P><BR> with love flowerseed<P> <P>------------------<BR>`Look ahead or you will find yourself behind.

F
F
I got to thinking it would be nice to hear on the news how his loving and supporting family really feels about this. Also is he saying being born out of wedlock is the same as being born into someone elses. It will be nice if a reporter ask some of these questions. with love flowerseed<P>------------------<BR>`Look ahead or you will find yourself behind.

T
T
On radio I have already heard that OW may have intentionally tried to get pregnant. Of course Republicans will do some digging. Watch this closely. There may be some interesting things come out. I wonder if any reporter will ask how much CS he is paying and how his wife and children feel about that. It may be a good time to get light shed on the facts about these types of relationships and how damaging they are. Wonder if 20/20 will dig up a few other couples to interview? That is usually the path that hot news takes. This might be Catnip's opportunity to be "Jane Doe" speaking from behind a curtain on the devestating effects of how affair & OC impact families! How "real people" in the "real world" deal with this nightmare. I can see it now.<P>Carolyn

F
F
takencare, these just may be one can of worms that turns into caviar. So if we see some strange lady on tv that has sunglasses and a wig on then we can assume that is our jane doe. We will be watching for ya catnip. with love flowerseed<P> <P>------------------<BR>`Look ahead or you will find yourself behind.

G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You guys,<BR>It was told on the news he gives her ten thou. a mo. and rainbow coalition is pissed off as it's their $. He also bought her a huge home. hundreds of thous. of dollars!!!<P>I actually hate this going on at this time and I wonder what my H thinks....but my lips are sealed!<P> Debi<P>People on local talk radio bashed the hell out of him today!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

T
T
All I can say is... she must be the best piece of a** going if she gets 10k a month plus a house. I sure hope our whore doesn't start thinking she is following in those footsteps! Geezz... 120 grand a year! Not to be gross... but I might sleep with him for THAT! Of course, then I would want him to leave & never look back. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Carolyn <P>

B
B
I hope Catnip reads this. It would be a golden opprotunity to bring out the cases. She could go behind and not be shown. I can't believe that everyone in this country believes the opposite. That those OW are saints. Catnip let us know what you think?<P>babstr.

C
C
I am proud to say that I've always been a strong supporter of Jesse Jackson and what he stood for. I'm a black woman and a dedicated democrat. Much of what Jesse Jackson has advocated for and spoken up on has reflected the thoughts and sentiments in my community (the black community). He was a close friend and advisor of another one of my personal heros, Dr. King. I have always had much respect for Mr. Jackson. I was very saddened and disappointed when I heard the news this morning. My husband and I were both dressing for work while we watched the Today Show when the announcement came on. It stopped us both in our tracks. We were both very quiet as the story was unfolded and we remained quiet even afterwards. I know that I had my own thoughts and I'm certain my h did as well. He never said anything. I finally did. I told him how disappointing it was to hear that. And while I'm not shocked, I am surprised. I told him that I think that it must be a gene that only men get ... well not all men, but way too many. The "dog" gene! The need to f**k and leave their seed and watch it grow. It made me sick and I became disgusted and angry. My husband never said a word. He sat quietly and listened. I KNOW he wishes that we'd never heard about it. But all lies come to light sooner or later. I'll keep his wife especially in my prayers because unfortunately I know all too well how she feels. We all do. The Rev. Jesse Jackson...yeah right. Don't let us forget that the only truely holy and sinless man was Jesus. There are others that claim they're men of God and may really have an intention of being that...but we should never forget that they're MEN first and while they may preach the word in the public, they're dropping their drawers and humping in (many times other people's wives or other women) in private. It's pathetic.<BR>How disappointing! <P>Comfort<P>------------------<BR>Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending...

H
H
i agree with and share your fears babstr. it will be played out like the 39 year old well educated woman had nothing to do with it. he is the bad one. well she can definitely not say she didn't know he was married. sickening, truly sickening. and at 39 i would hope she knows how to get pregnant. i have to say, whoever said it before was right. at least clinton had the sense to use a cigar. even jesse jackson was not careful enough to not get the OW pregnant. with so much to lose, you would think that would have been a priority. guess you can say they were all (all the men) thinking with the wrong head. lol. <P>i have never cared for jesse jackson so i don't care what happens to his activist career.<P>i just feel sorry for his wife and family, which like us, are usually forgotten in the tragedy of an OC resulting from an affair. how do they feel? poor OW, poor OC. what about poor wife and family?? they were trying to protect OW's identity?? why do they always feel sorry for the OW?? i just don't get it.<P>go catnip!! call 20/20, be the jane doe. you would be great.<P>happy_girl<P>here was a quote from an article i read online, <P>"Clinton administration officials were bracing for yet another photograph, obtained by the<BR>ENQUIRER, which pictures Jesse Jackson, the pregnant mistress, President Bill Clinton, and<BR>RAINBOW COALITION executives smiling in the Oval Office. <P>The picture was taken on December 3, 1998 -- at the height of the Clinton sex scandal. <P>"Here was Rev. Jackson counseling Bill Clinton on his infidelity and Jackson's pregnant<BR>mistress was smiling along?" asked a publishing source. "<P>poor OW, give me a break.<p>[This message has been edited by happy_girl (edited January 18, 2001).]

H
H
I have also never been a big fan of Jesse Jackson, but I am sorry for his wife and children. It is difficult enough to be in our shoes, but to have the OC publicly broadcast and everywhere you go people knowing that your marriage is in such disarray -- I don't think I could take it.<P>I read that Mrs. Jackson confronted the OW and told her that there would only be "one Mrs. Jesse Jackson in this lifetime and that is me"! She sounds like a fighter!<P>The truly disgusting part is that the OW was coming into their home and supposedly interviewing him for his book and they say that is where the affair started -- right under the W's nose!<P>I only hope that wayward spouses don't use Jackson as a way of justifying their own actions. I mean, since he is supposedly a "man of the cloth", it would be easy for some people to argue that anyone can make a mistake. Rather, I hope that other married people look at the luridness of this situation and decide to think about the vows they have taken.<P>I guess this news story has put a lot of tension between all Hs and Ws who are going through this very issue. I know my H and I were talking about it but we were both avoiding the parallel in our own life. <P>I hope this thing blows over quickly because I hate opening the paper and seeing an OW/OC make the front page news.<P>- Heavenly

B
B
I am praying for the Jackson family. I don't know how anyone could get past seeing that their H and father, not only took the OW into their home. But took her pregnant to the White House to have pictures taken with the President. How disgusting is that? You would think that Jesse could have been decent enough to leave it in the hotel. But to practically flaunt it in front of the nation is disgusting. <P>By the way what do you think Hillary thought, when she realized that their spiritual advisor was pulling the same crap, but worse? That would be like all of us going to a counselar who does that same things our spouses have done, not quite the advice you are seeking.<P>babstr

H
H
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A REV JESSE JACKSON FAN.<BR>i WAS VERY SURPRISE BUT NOT TOTALLY SHOCK ABOUT YESTERDAY'S HEADLINES. lIKE COMFORT41 I AM AFRICAN AMERICAN AND A DEMOCRATIC.<BR>I FEEL FOR THE JACKSON FAMILY BECAUSE I KNOW FIRST HAND HOW SHE FEELS. THE ONLY THING I DON'T KNOW IS HOW TO HANDLE THIS SHAME IN THE PUBLIC EYE. YESTERDAY I HAD TO LISTEN TO WOMEN CO-WORKERS SAY WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF IT WAS THEIR HUSBAND. BELIEVE ME BEING AND AFRICAN AMERICAN ALL KINDS OF THINGS WERE SAID. UNTIL THIS HAPPEN TO ME I WAS JUST LIKE THOSE WOMEN. mY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY OF REV JESSE JACKSON BECAUSE I KNOW FIRST HAND THE PAIN THE FAMILY IS GOING THRU.<P>THAT "DOG GENE" COVERS ALL MEN NO MATTER OF RACE OR ECNOMICS.<P>AS MY MOTHER SAID MEN THINK WITH THE WRONG HEAD.

G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hurting37,<BR>Your momma was right dear one.<P>I too pray for the Jackson family.<P>Honey, this is NOT a black thing.<P>I am white and it happened to me after almost 27 yrs of marriage.<P>It is color blind.<P>Men do think with their other heads indeed.<P> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

H
H
Gemini1 is absolutely right, it is not a black thing. But, I am glad that Hurting pointed out how people react to the news of this type of situation.<P>I am half black/half Mexican and grew up in an upper middle class world where people talked about people in our situation like they were a lower form of life. OCs were attributed to people who indulged in low class, "ghetto-class" behaviour and, of course, minorities were singled out as being the most common people in these situations.<P>Since it happened to me, I have learned that the only difference between "so-called upper class and lower class people" are that upper class people keep a lot of secrets. I have uncovered plenty of fine upstanding citizens who have skeletons just like ours in their closets.<P>We are all human and we have emotions that drive us to do crazy things sometimes, regardless of your economic background or race.<P>It is the finest tribute to humankind that we come together on this board, bare our souls, comfort each other, cry and laugh together without knowing or caring what type of backgrounds we come from.<P>It must have taken a tremendous amount of strength for Rev. Jackson's grown children to stand up in front of cameras and say they forgive him and it must be even harder for Jackson to look them in the eye. <P>They all need our prayers.<BR>- Heavenly

T
T
You know, one of the great things about this board is that it emphasizes one of the truths of life... that all people are the same inside. We all hurt, love, pray, care, have compassion... regardless of our race or background. <P>Each of you have become my companions in a terrible journey. Now Mrs. Jackson is along with us. Perhaps she isn't on this board, but we each know her pain. I am not particularly political, but I have even smypathized with Hilary. Could you imagine how terrible this would all be if you also had to read it in the papers and watch it on tv? I just don't know if I could do what these women (and many others throughout history) have done. I don't know if I will ever hear a story about infidelity again, or about an OC coming forward 20 years later, and not have empathy for those involved. <P>This is like a terrible illness. It is totally color blind. Those prople who think this came about because Jesse Jackson was a black man are fools.<P>Take care (and may we all be struck "color blind"... Carolyn

M
M
Jackson is a racist demogogue. No better or worse than his white counterparts. Except, of course, for the "kind and sympathetic" treatment he will receive from the liberal media.<P>*My* sympathy is reserved for the poor folks that send his "organization" their hard earned dollars. Ten grand a month!!!! LOL <BR>

C
C
Wow. While the cat's away....<P>I heard the news while I was up north with the moose and squirrel and found myself wondering how he could allow this to happen.<P>As a former Democrat (turned Libertarian-lovers of personal responsibility and Jeffersonian freedoms) I adored Martin Luther King Jr. He, too, believed in personal responsibility and dignity for all men. Jackson was at his side.<P>But, something happened to Jackson throughout the past two or three decades since Dr. King's dream. He became corrupt and distorted Dr. King's dream. I do not believe Jackson any longer reflects the integrity of Dr. King and hasn't for many, many years. I have a very, very difficult time wondering why Black people embrace Jackson and share his views that in my opinion, do not enhance the people and allow them dignity...instead seem to try to bully his way and his illogical policies into our government and keep our people seperated. Oh, how I would love it if we were all one people and not seperated by people in power, drunk with power, like Jackson.<P>Now Jackson has joined the ranks of our spouses and is 'doing the right thing'. Since he can buy and sell us all here on the forum collectively ten times over, he is in the finanical position to 'grand stand' and use his 'indescretion' to perhaps enhance his persona...everyone loves a repentant sinner.<P>This is very upsetting, Kids.<P>More later...have to mull this one over.<P>Catnip =^^=

J
J
Did anyone notice? The last I read, the XOW and OC lives in LA and Jackson+family in Chicago (and said XOW gets 3,000mo, not 12,000--still a pretty piece of change). Jackson may use nice loving words about his OC to the media, but I'll bet he doesn't see her any more often than my H sees his! Very interesting to me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation