Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Yes, indeedy! OC is here! and I'm passing out the cyber cigars..... W gave birth to a gorgeous 6lb, 8 oz girl at 11:43 am EST. Haven't time to write much....got to get back to the hospital.....but I just wanted to let you all know W and baby are doing great, just great. Oh, and I didn't faint either! It was the most awesome thing I've ever seen, but I gotta tell ya, ladies, if men had to give birth.....it would be a LOT less crowded at the mall! Oh....W is naming daughter "Shelagh Jane" after my Irish mum!<P>I cried today folks.....and not from sadness either. In the delivery room, I was standing behind my W with my head next to hers holding her hand while she was in labor (now I see why they call it that, wow!) Right after the baby came, she whispered in my ear "Lou, I'm so sorry..." Gosh folks, that hit me like a 2X4! My heart melted and I didn't know what to say. I finally said "Karen, don't say that...this is a miracle...she's a gift from God.....be happy.....I am". Darn! I'm tearing up again just thinking about it. I'm a mess, folks, sorry.<P>When I think how close I came to leaving my W over this, I shudder. It's all thanks to Marriage Builders that I didn't. I thought I was the only guy this ever happened to and that no normal man would knowingly raise another man's child. Thanks to K (and many others), I'm not only going to do it, I'm going to relish the task! I wouldn't want to be the young fella picking up Shelagh for the prom! Oh well, I got a few years before I gotta worry about that....she's only 7 hours old! LOL<BR>But seriously, folks....I don't post much, but I've read virtually every word written on this board in the last 8 months or so, and your collective wisdom has got me to where I am at this exact moment.......GOING TO THE HOSPITAL TO VISIT MY GIRLS!!!!!<P>Thank you MBer's, each and every one...past and present..<P>God Bless<P>Lou

J
J
Congratulations Middleman!!!<P>My best wishes for your daughter, your W, and you.<P>JL

J
J
Success! Yah! What happy miraculous blessings for you and your new family!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Cheers and Congrads!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Jenny

T
T
Lou,<P>Congratulations!!!!! We will soon be in your shoes, only it sounds as if this was your first child. I'm not familular with your exact situation. As I am in the "home stretch" you made me cry with what your wife said, and how you responded to her. I think that is going to be harder than the labor for me. Again, congrats, and you ARE the "DADDY" for all that you will be doing for this little girl for the rest of her life.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><BR>Tigger

C
C
Dear Middleman:<P>Congratulations to you and Karen on your beautiful baby daughter...and blessings to you all. Your wife's ehartfelt apology at that incredible moment is a healing balm to you. You two are able to raise your daughter, I hope, with no outside interference and to bring back a normalcy into your marriage.<P>It sounds like your wife realizes how very, very lucky she is to have your compassion and forgiveness and your acceptance of her and your new daughter. You will be doubly blessed for your huge heart.<P>I love the name...very unique. I am an Irisher and ahve never heard it before. Cool.<P>Catnip =^^=

G
G
Dear Middleman, <BR>Best wishes to you and the "girls".<P>I laughed at what you said about "if men had to have labor...." That's true! Ha Ha<P> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

T
T
Lou, I haven't read anything this ouching in a long time. I can actually feel your joy! I am so deeply touched by how you have healed and your wife has changed. You two have received a blessing.. two blessings. The first being the return of your love and compassion. The second being little Shelagh Jane. And she will benefit all her life from the love the two of you have for her and each other. That is why you fought so hard Lou. Reap the benefits! <P>Take care and congratulations! Carolyn

B
B
Hi Lou~<P>I'm new here, but wanted to send my congratulations to you and your family!! What your wife said and what you told her, touched me deeply!<P>You ARE a Daddy, not just 'sorta'. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] God has blessed your family<P>God bless,<P>------------------<BR><B>"If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars." ~unknown~</B>

K
K Offline
K
Congratulations, Lou!!!<P>Enjoy this little girl.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

F
F
middleman, Congratulations to you and your family. Little girls are so fun. with love flowerseed

B
B
Dear Middleman...Congratulations!!!! God has truely blessed your family...all of you. So glad God has touched your heart with the powerful joy of being a new parent, in your case being a daddy... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>GodSpeed.....<BR>broken_wings<P>When Irish Eyes Are Smiling...... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

H
H
hey middleman, sorry i didn't post before. i was on a pity trip. anyway, i am so happy for you. you have a very lucky wife and daughter, and you are lucky too! to have your family together. beautiful name too.<BR>god bless you all.<P>happy_girl

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks, everybody, for the kind words.<BR>W and baby were released from hospital on Monday and everything's going GREAT! Just one thing, if I had only thought of it Sunday night, I could have savored my LAST full night of sleep a lot more! Little Shelagh defineatly has a set of lungs on her! LOL. W and I are taking turns getting up and stuff. Darn, folks, It's getting to the point where I gotta go to work to get some rest!! <P>Thanks again all, and God Bless....<P>LOU

Z
Z
middleman,<P>I'm late with the congratulations.<P>But congratulations! And you're words from and to your wife at the miraculous moment were moving and inspirational.<P>wishing you the best of luck and love,<BR><P>------------------<BR>Zebra Baby ...<P>Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

C
C
Dear Middleman,<BR>I am late responding, but had to wait til the right words came. I wanted to say something that truly reflects how much your post has touched me. So here goes...<BR>There's an old saying that says, "The greatest thing a father can do for his children is love their mother." With that in mind, what a great father you already are to Shelagh Jane!<BR>Enjoy your new daughter!<BR>-cd

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation