Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Hi Gemini,<BR>I usually post in GQII or EN boards. But catnip directed me over here. <P>My sister had breast implants done on Friday. She did one of those rush deals if you ask me. She never checked on the dr., doesnt really know anything about recovery. Im worried about her and dont know who to ask.<BR>Her husband is more worried about playing with them, then taking care of her. She did go home yesterday, but I dont think she wanted to. <BR>She is thinking recovery will be two weeks. She is happy there is no bruising right now. Could there still be bruising? And she said they are bigger than she thought. How much swelling? She went from like not even an A to a "C" cup. She has five kids, her youngest being 5 months and im really concerned about how she is going to manage. She does not know anyone who has ever had this done and like I said, she doesnt seem to quite know what lies ahead. <P>Can you give me some of your personal experience? I would appreciate it<P>ILAC<P>

G
G
Sure here's some help ILoveACop,<BR>I researched my area well. My plastic surgeon has been in the business since the 70's. <BR>No malpractice claims.<P>I went to 4 visits and saw videos , was able to ask questions, was told everything that would happen during surgery, got to try on sizes to see what would look best on me. <P>I was told of risks that go w/surgery.<BR>Very rare w/saline. My surgeon puts in implants then fills(overfills)to prevent the implant from having a rippled effect.<P>It was inserted below the breast w/1 1/2 inch incision. Also best way to go.<P>They are above the muscle for 2 reasons....faster recovery and he saves the muscle for, heaven forbid, if you need reconstructive surgery due to breast cancer.<P>You must have mammography done before surgery.<P>I went in as out patient.<BR>In at 9:30 out by 11 am.<P>I am wrapped bra-style and very tight until 1 week passes. I go back 1 time before then. (tomorrow).<P>You must pack ice on them 24-36 hrs. to prevent swelling. (feels great, the ice)<P>For 2 weeks you may not lift your arms above your head, or lift anything heavier than a coffee cup. You can't push or pull ANYTHING.<P>This is to allow tissue to form around new implant and so they don't get knocked out of place.<P>After wrap is removed you must wear a sports bra 24 hrs. for 2 - 3 weeks.<P>Yes you are "bruised" from injections given during surgery. Swelling stays at least 6 mos.(gradually reducing, but still there)<P>This is day 2 and I only feel sore. No pain pills needed.<P>Also you may not push up w/your arms to get in and out of bed. or tub. You must use your stomach muscles.<P>I hope this helps. Your sister better not lift the baby! She'll ruin the implants placement. I can't even wash dishes or get things from the shelves above my head.<P>By 3 weeks I'll be pretty much back to normal.<BR> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 579 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation