Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#795258 04/14/01 11:19 PM
H
OP Offline
H
To my fellow forum members,<P>Recently there has been the addition of some people who seem to be here only to start trouble and cause pain. I know that their arguments are provoking and many want to respond to them, I wish we wouldn't for 2 reasons.<P>First of all, they are only here to cause pain. What other reason could they have? <B>I mean what kind of people lurk around different "help" forums with their only intention being to start debates?</B> They have no life, and are obviously just cruel people with nothing better to do. And I think they are very upset that a lot of us are <I>succeeding in making our marriages work despite the hurdles we have had to over come</I>. Why give them the satisfaction? If we ignore the posts, they will soon be at the bottom of the list. And they will go away.<P>Second, and more importantly, are the newbies that are coming here. If you were a newbie, just found out, and walked into a forum like this, you would probably run! This is supposed to be a support group/forum, and somewhere we can come to talk to others in the same types of situations. It is not a debating hall. I wonder how many have wandered upon this place only to leave because they felt intimidated by the various wars going on.<P>This is just my opinion, but I wish that the forum could be what it was when I first came. I felt safe here, and I can't imagine how newbies feel here. Many posts unanswered at times when the provokers posts get flames by them. I am guilty of not writing a lot lately, but I will be trying to post more when I can.<P>Take care, and lets remember what this forum is for. It is for people dealing with an affair that resulted in a pregnancy. It is for those of us <B>in that situation</B> to share our triumphs, fears, encouragement, etc. It is not a debate forum. <P>Happy_girl

U
U
I agree, well said happy girl. I hope to be happy soon.

G
G
Hey Happy Girl,<P><BR> I still feel safe here, all my friends are here. The space-invaders don't bother me, they are so transparent, they don't exist! <P> God bless you all,<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Gregg

H
OP Offline
H
lsb, i will pray you will be happy soon. it takes time. i chose that name more as something i wanted to become. i think i am there now. it has taken time, but we are 4 years into recovery, so it is different. though the OC was more recently. think positive! it helps.<P>gregg, space invaders. you are funny. i just wish they would go back to whatever planet they are from...<P>happy_girl

G
G
I refuse to argue with a close minded person as it's frustrating to me.<P>I'm just glad to see a lot of "seniors" here who have been through this stuff a longer time than me. (5 months).<P>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

H
OP Offline
H
gem~ my problem with these people is that they seem to have nothing better to do than start debates with people in pain. i guess the one poster is in this situation, but she seems to be in complete denial and lying to her husband. the other one is just here to start wars. we don't need that. now she is posting under seemingly <B>innocent</B> topics and then goes off judging us again. i hope that others follow in ignoring her. she will eventually get bored of us.<P>happy_girl<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation